A script to alter SRS intervals?

I was wondering if there was a script around (or I could request one) that allows one to set custom SRS intervals?

I understand it would not be possible with how WK works to hit items faster than they appear, rather I wish to extend the intervals of some of the earlier items. This could be achieved by hiding the items from the review pile until they are ready.

Ultimately I understand what I want can just be achieved by ignoring my reviews until the allotted time, but it just feels nice to not have things scattered about my timeline (would such a script be able to work with the ultimate timeline too? :thinking:) and , though this will not impact me so much now as Iā€™m doing large batches of lessons as I reset to early levels, this might help big time when Iā€™m doing regular daily lessons in later levels to keep track

I want to set my early srs intervals to 4 hours, 10 hours, 24 hours, 60 hours (or 4 hours, 10 hours, 36 hours, 48 hours, Iā€™ve not decided which feels better) this allows me to manage my schedule to so reviews appear at a time that is convenient to me. Alternatively is there a script that allows you to order by SRS level (so I can essentially ignore any apprentice 4+ items in my 6am reviews)

4 Likes

You canā€™t alter the SRS levels even with scripts. There are some reorder scripts to reorder by SRS level though, but I donā€™t know which ones.

1 Like

I suppose you could theoretically extend intervals by hiding reviews for a time after they become available

2 Likes

This is what I was considering :thinking:Iā€™m currently using the re-order ultimate script which doesnā€™t have a re-order by srs function (and I wouldnā€™t really want to stop using that one either :sweat_smile:) So I was curious if this could be done at the home page level before one even starts reviews

1 Like

I donā€™t think it would be too hard to do; basically just changing the number on the dashboard and removing stuff from the review queue when starting a session. Itā€™s not something I have time to work on, though.

3 Likes

Alternate option: just, you know, donā€™t look at WaniKani until you want to do reviews.

6 Likes

They say that no problem canā€™t be solved with a duct tape, and theyā€™re correct! (i.e. cover the part of your monitor showing the number of lessons and reviews with a duct tapeā€¦)

5 Likes

Probably want to use black electrical tape. Leaves less residue. :joy:

2 Likes

Heh, for a moment I thought you were about to suggest a duct tape blindfold. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

If you read my original post, youā€™ll see the problem with this approach. (But also that I already acknowledged it as a temporary solution for the time being)

I still want to be doing reviews at 6am, but donā€™t necessarily want to be doing Apprentice 4 items (I want them pushed into the 6pm bracket) and I fear that when I start doing daily lessons once I get back into the lvl 15/20 bracket, it will be very difficult to keep track of Which items I want to be reviewing at that time, and Which ones I donā€™t, or that Iā€™ll even struggle to find a way to exclude them in the first place when the items are all the same level.

I guess I can just use the order by SRS script on my phone and ignore them, but I do like the current re-order script I have too :sweat_smile: shouganai

1 Like

My reorder script would give you an approximation of this request because it prioritizes ā€œoverdueā€ items. And of course newly learned items are going to be more overdue than older items. So you could enable this reorder script (and disable the other one) every morning and tweak the settings to get what you want. Just keep in mind that the script was specifically designed to NOT give too much control to the user.

1 Like

I had taken a quick look at your script when I was researching potential solutions, but I was confused as to what it prioritised as ā€˜overdueā€™. Maybe if I had read the full post, Iā€™d have been given my answer! :sweat_smile: Thanks for pointing me in this direction! Iā€™ll give this a try :blush:

2 Likes