Since using Wanikani, have you ever mixed up or misread a word or kanji?

Oh god, you got me there

2 Likes

Once, I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

2 Likes

Oh and also, for some reason, the part of my brain that converts images to sounds pretty often thinks せん and せい or けん and けい are the same sounds :thinking:
I struggle less with rendaku that I do with both of those pairs. It’s usually just a matter of pressing backspace and changing ん to い because i know what the problem is straight away after i write those but it hurts nonetheless :pensive:

1 Like

部屋 vs 部室 is my bane in club based manga…

6 Likes

Misreading is my passion :muscle:.

Ah, yes. That one is pretty evil.

3 Likes

Not only misread, but very often also thought, it was a “new one”, looked it up and realized it was one I was supposed to know.

4 Likes

Oh, quite a few times. Remember that game people play?

Say “roast”.
Say “roast” again.
Say “roast” two more times.
Say “roast” five more times fast.
Quick! What do you put in a toaster?

Had the reading for 暗殺 come up and got that.
A few frames later, had the meaning for 暗記 come up, and guess what I put? :roll_eyes:

And now I have 辞典, 字典, and 事典 all in the same level, same reading, related but different meanings. Evil, Wanikani, evil.

2 Likes

All the time, including many items that I’ve managed to burn on WaniKani. It’s always a little frustrating, but it’s to be expected, and it’s just another chance to relearn and rememorize.

2 Likes

i can only imagine the number of times i’ve mix this up without realizing loool

1 Like

til that it’s not 告 but 吉

I’ve been misreading fortunes as 大告 instead of 大吉 for a while now…

1 Like

持つ 待つ will be the death of me. Curse my damn eyes…

3 Likes

These types of confusions are what you’d call 紛らわしい :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.