Should I purchase the lifetime subscription?

Do people who purchased the lifetime subscription really recommend it?

6 Likes

I canā€™t recommend it enough. It is great knowing it is just taken care of. That said, you should put some time in and make sure WK is for you before you pull the trigger.

16 Likes

Definitely wait until you complete level 3 before you make the decision, but Iā€™d also recommend it. (I havenā€™t bought it yet but I will in december)

7 Likes

at least get to level three before you decide on any kind of subscription, but I am happy with my lifetime. the app itself, the forums, and the fact that I donā€™t need to see the money disappear from my account every month, make it worth it, for me

9 Likes

It was worth it for me!

2 Likes

Yes, it is well worth the price.

2 Likes

Absolutely worth it.

2 Likes

Just to expand on that - the WK team usually offers a discount on lifetime around Chrismas time. (Not definite, but something to keep in mind.)

21 Likes

Yes.

I sadly only acquire the one year subscription and Iā€™m lamenting the fact I didnā€™t just purchase the lifetime oneā€¦

(Can I receive a bit of a discount from upgrading from 1 year to lifetime?)

4 Likes

Yes, whatever is left on your year subscription, will be subtracted from the lifetime price

16 Likes

This may be helpful to you?

6 Likes

Omg. This is FANTASTIC. Doing it right now. Thank you @Saida and @ninjaflautist90 !

This site and community are REALLY something else :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Well it also depends on your speed, if you manage to complete wanikani in 4 years or less it will be cheaper to just go with the yearly subscriptions. However if you want to take it slow you should buy a yearly subscription till christmas and get the lifetime subscription with a 33% discount. (the leftover time from your yearly subscription will be refunded)

7 Likes

Oshin was here to change the title from ā€œShould I purchased the lifetime subscription?ā€ to ā€œShould I purchase the lifetime subscription?ā€

And to answer your question: Yes.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly what I did. On October 2018, I bought a yearly subscription and at christmas, I bought the lifetime at 33% discount. It was cheaper than to buy the lifetime right away. In fact, whenever you do it, itā€™s always cheaper to buy a yearly and then buy a lifetime at christmas unless they decide to not offer the discount.

10 Likes

I really hope they decide to offer the discount, and do you really think it the best app for learning Japanese? Iā€™ve tried Duolingo and Human Japanese.

4 Likes

We recommend people to get to level 3 first for a couple of reasons.

1. They are free levels. Doesnā€™t make sense to spend money for free content, unless you really like us.
  2. You get a fairly good idea if WK works for you or not.

We have our annual winter sale for lifetime coming up too. Something to keep in mind.

38 Likes

WaniKani is not for learning Japanese, itā€™s for learning Kanji! I think itā€™s the best website to learn Kanji. The christmas discount has been offered every year so far.

11 Likes

This is a great app for learning kanji, but for grammar you should find something else. It has been a great help in my studies, but definitely not the only thing I learn japanese from.

9 Likes

Definitely. Iā€™ve become so addicted to WaniKani.

2 Likes