Self study userscript quiz

The self study quiz userscript doesn’t show you the answer when you answer it wrong. it would be nice if it did. Even at the end of the quiz it won’t tell you the correct answers. It just says “hey this is wrong, you suck!” lol

whut?

Also, if you have anything you wanna comment about a specific script, I suggest you post in that script’s thread, not just in general. :+1:

1 Like

You can hit the question mark (aka ?) on the keyboard to show the answer. Alternatively, you can click the question mark icon near the top.

2 Likes

Have you clicked on the following box in the script’s settings (when you click the cogwheel on the upper right corner) and saved the setting?

I’m not sure if there is a possibility to have this option permanently enabled, I always have to enable it again when doing a self study session. But this should do the trick.

2 Likes

@rfindley any good comment on this? :slight_smile:

Why is this off by default?

Unfortunately, I don’t have an answer to that – the only information I could dig up in a very quick search is that this auto-answer setting was added in 2018 but it seems to have been off by default ever since its addition. Thus, I assume that this option being off by default is intentional by the developer (rfindley).

I just remembered that you can also display the answer by clicking F1, in case you want one more option to display answers somewhat quickly without going to the settings page.

If I had to guess, I’d reckon that having it on permanently might involve cache files…which I clear regularly. :sweat_smile: That’s just my hunch, though, as I have barely any experience in troubleshooting scripts etc.

1 Like

Ah…that might be an obvious thing. I don’t really keep my browser wiping all history anymore. Too much extra work I feel. I don’t feel like I need it much either. ^^

1 Like

The “Auto-show Correct Answer” is OFF by default to make it behave like regular WK reviews.
And yes, it does retain that setting when you Save the settings, but the settings are stored in indexeddb, so if your browser is configured to clear indexeddb, the setting will revert back to the default.

1 Like

So that the people that prefer off as the default won’t be asking “Why is this on by default”. :grinning:

1 Like