Self help scripts

Do you guys know a better way to chuck down some vocubulary, because I really struggle with that now.
On a daily basis I have only 20 - 30 kanji which is very easy and I kind of remember it faster, but my vocab has build up towards 900. Maybe a script where I can also see the menmonics.

Are you abusing the reorder script? :thinking: Your vocab progress is at 18% and kanji is at 26%, so you should probably do like 20 vocab lessons a day if you’re not already doing that.

Also I don’t really understand what you mean by a script to see the mnemonics, are you talking about self strudy script? If yes, than I don’t think there is a script for the script xD

1 Like

Abusing, you mean that in a good way? Because I actually are going through the kanji section everyday before I hit the reviews.

No I’m not doing 20 lessons a day, why?

I mean abusing the reorder script to do kanji and not do vocab lessons on WK, not the self study quiz. Vocab is there for you to know kanji better and learn different readings for them. If you are indeed using reorder script (which it seems to be, because of your progression on profile), then I would advise stopping with kanji lessons and focusing on doing those vocab lessons.

How many lessons do you even have? Maybe I’m completely wrong here xD

Doing 20 lessons a day is just a fast pace to do WK, you can do less than that (more is probably not that beneficial)

2 Likes

I have 210 lessons open now. Yes I actually abusing the reorder script if a read so. :sweat_smile:

Yeah, you shouldn’t ignore vocab and just do the kanji, they are kinda meaningless without vocab xD So you maybe should turn off the reorder script for now to do lessons from lower levels, and do them at your own pace, like 20 or less a day, without any new kanji^^ Or use this script [Userscript] WaniKani Lesson Filter, I think it might be better than reorder. You can also read this guide to see what I’m talking about /o/ - My Journey of 368 days (+ The Ultimate Guide for WK 📖 )

1 Like

You I also have that feeling that all the vocab I know sits at the bottom while I’m stuck with the new one. I will try that script.

1 Like

Should I see any visual change, in my reviews?

wait, so do you have 900 or 210 lessons of vocab? Or is that 900 reviews of vocab? Either way, I’d just like to say that kanji by themselves are meaningless, they get meaning from the words they are used in so I’d argue that vocab is the most important thing to work on when ‘learning’ kanji.

Also try not to use the reordering for the reviews, only the lessons. Otherwise it may come back to bite you one day.

1 Like

210 lessons.
900 reviews / On a daily basis 20 - 30 of them are kanji.
Actually I use the reoder script to have a main focus on radicals, kanji and then finish off the vocab.
But the vocab has built up because of I kind of lost motivation, I need to chuck them down a little bit, but I have a hard time remembering them.

Can I use this one also for reviews, because I only see this at the lesson.

No, it only works in lessons, which is the point. Its purpose is to allow you to do radical/kanji/vocab lessons all together. You should be doing all your reviews every day (except in emergencies basically), so you shouldn’t need a script for reviews in general.

Given how behind you are on your reviews, you could use this script to get things back under control. But if you do, you should probably stop lessons for the time being as well.

1 Like

So from my understanding I contiously see the top new vocab and the other stay at the bottom, which are the one that are overdue, and this script is showing them?

If I’m right I have literally 813 overdue items :rofl: :sweat_smile:

Good god man, work down that pile! What sort of script are you looking for reviews? Ones that show the older vocab first?

I guess something that give me small chucks of vocab to focus on everyday until I bring that down and other chuck will be shown.
The filter script is very good, is something like this availabe? I think that will be really awesome, because then I can grab the oldest vocab not the one just learned and only review the 20 for example and get that done, instead of seeing a big 900 and grinding through them. I really like to work in order to have more clarity.

I’m pretty sure the reordering script does that (you can sort by level). Just set yourself say 100 a day and start with the oldest ones.

I see, I installed the script.
When I’m on the page I see 10 vocab now, after one I see them all again, weird.

The script I linked to forces you to do your more overdue items first. So it’s good for catching up when you’re behind on reviews because it forces you to focus on items you’ve neglected for too long.

2 Likes

I’m using it now. Can you use both, or will it overwrite each other when used with ultimate reorder?