Script to remove burn, infinity script, post 60/lifetime tool

Your best be is probably a script that shows the WK level when an item comes up for review so you can intentionally fail burning items.

1 Like

too much of a hassle. constant checking, who wants that?

anyone else who might know?

1 Like

I don’t know of any script like this, but if someone were to start one they could use the Wanikani Get All Assignments API endpoint to search for recent burns. Here’s an example query for getting burned assignments from a specific date onwards:

GET https://api.wanikani.com/v2/assignments?srs_stages=9&updated_after=2020-07-01T00:00:00.000000Z

3 Likes

Just burned another ~30 items of which I thought “man, I’m level 15, I know them now…but 3-4 months down the road I’ll surely forget a few of them”

With few meaning the less common yet still important ones
Can someone be hired to make that script perhaps? I have an impressive display of 1 stamp subway coupon cards just to kick off negotiations

2 Likes

Honestly your best best is to start reading. Items in the first 15 levels come up pretty frequently depending on the material.

6 Likes

I wrote the script [Userscript] Wanikani Item Inspector that may be able to do what you look for. This will require some configuration though. Here is the procedure. After installing the script you go to the settings.

In the settings you go to the Tables tab and create a new table using the New button. A table titled <untitled> will show up. Rename it to Burned Items or whatever you want using the Edit Table Name field. Don’t delete the other tables because they may eventually come handy.

Table

Once this is done you make the new Burned Item table the default that will display when Wanikani is started or refreshed. Move the table in the top position using the up arrow. The table in top position is automatically the default.

The you need to configure a filter to select the burned items. Make sure the Burned items table is selected and go to the Filters tab. Click the checkbox for SRS Level and select Burned. This will fill the table with your burned items.

There is no way to filter only the recent burned items and I can’t implement one because the filters come from the WKOF script which is not written by me. There is a workaround. Go to the Contents tab and and change the Primary Sort Criterion to Burned Date. This will cause the recently burned items to show up first in the table. Those that interest you will show up at the beginning of the table and you may easily ignore the others.

Sort

You will find in the Contents tab options to select the information that will be displayed in the table and tooltips. Configure this as you see fit. You should display the Burned Date somewhere to track when the table displays older burned items you want to ignore.

You may want to try the Random Selection feature. It picks a random number of items to display in the table for studying. Every time the table is refreshed a new selection will show up. This may be used to pick a selection of burned items (no date limitations) for studying. Every study session will use a different selection. In the default configuration Random Selection is disabled and all items are displayed.

4 Likes

Kind of on a tangent here but…

One thing I’m thinking of doing to keep burned items in circulation is once I reach level 60, I’ll do a self-study quiz on level 1 items (using a user script, I think there’s a script for this?). Any items I get incorrect I’ll revive and let them enter the queue again. I’ll do this with 1 or 2 levels every week, depending on how many get revived. I figure that’s a good way to find any items I actually need to unburn without redoing things I already know.

1 Like
1 Like

I’m thankful for the suggestions, but it all sounds tedious
can someone create a 1click solution removing the burned section so items just repeat every 6 months (just one example of how to realize this)
I’d even throw in my nintendo collectors basecap

Do you refer to my suggestion above? It is tedious but not for long. You need to do the configuration only once after installing the script. Once this is done the burned items table is available on your dashboard (no click required) on a permanent basis without further hassle.

4 Likes

I don’t wanna. Don’t think anybody wanna. Pressing one button is smooch. Pls make

I don’t wanna. My script is fine as it is. If you don’t want it this is fine. Good luck getting what you want.

13 Likes

Exactly. Encountering these words through exposure is going to do much more wonders for remembering things over an endless cycle of SRSing.

The way I see it, WK should be used as a springboard not as an end unto itself.

1 Like

I got this script but I havent burned any items yet so dunno if it works or not

1 Like

An update for those who want to study burned items. Both Self-Study Quiz and Item Inspector can do it out of the box. How to do it is described in the top post of Item Inspector. Disclosure: I am the author of Item Inspector.

Burned

3 Likes

Really wish there was an option to simply remove the burned categorie so items always stay at enlightened

could be a simple 1 click/toggle script
would pay for someone to make it

I don’t think people are unwilling, it’s just that the Wanikani API does not really allow for it. You can see all kinds of things with it, but you can’t reset single items to a specific level.

Another idea would be a plugin that fails the enlightened items automatically for you, so you can still just go on with reviews like normal? But would also be a very hacky script and I doubt you can actually get that to work. Maybe almost easier to write your own review-client, that always reports ‘failed’ for these items? It’s all just not that simple I’m afraid.

1 Like

auto fail enlightened sounds like a way
hoped one could just disable burn stage

really annoying to have items start again at apprentice 0
can please, anyone, point me towards/create a way to disable burning? just let them stay in the pre-final stage keeping them in a 6 month loop so if I ever get them wrong they go back to earlier stages and if not come back in 6 months

this would make wk complete for me
even bought lifetime

How about you just fail all burn reviews, then you get to see them in two weeks, instead of two times a day. Or just let them be burned and start reading at some point. Or practice your burn reviews on KameSame.

1 Like