Review forecast not respecting local time

So for me it fixed itself when I opened the developer console on Wanikani and just entered new Date() to check wether that would give me the correct result. Since then the time seems to be matching. Don’t know why though.

hmm, it seems to be accurate to my local time now!

My guess is the time will default to UTC if it can’t properly detect your timezone, since that’s the standard timezone that the times are recorded in in the back end of most applications. It’d be nice if WK gave an option in the user settings to override it with a specific timezone, along with the 24hour clock display some people have been suggesting.

3 Likes

I’m having this problem as well. Using firefox and have some strict privacy settings. Would be nice to have the option to manually set the timezone. Bummer parts of the new design are useless with privacy settings activated.

3 Likes

Same problem here, likely the same cause. I tried disabling all my various protections temporarily and the problem persisted, so it might be built into firefox (or I missed some obscure option in about:config)

Sorry for the necro bump, but the problem still exists so this thread’s still relevant! It’s annoying not being able to know when my next reviews come in without doing a bunch of mental math first. Please give us an option to manually set our timezone.

1 Like

Can anyone tell me how to fix the timezone issue, I am 8 hours behind (or in front) and its 2pm here but 10pm on the app ?? Thanks Sharyn. PS sorry if this has been answered.

You have to set your device time correctly

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.