Review batch size

Can you somehow chnage review batch size?
I can only set wrap up to 10, but it feels small when you have 100-150 reviews.
I feel I can do around 30-40 at a time.

You don’t have to use the review batch button, you can just do your reviews for as long as you want. Only when you click the button, reviews will stop after the next 10.

(Apart from that, I’m not sure whether you can adjust the amount or not? Have you searched the settings?)

2 Likes

You can adjust only lesson batch siez from the settings, not the review size.
I thought maybe there’s a script for this.

1 Like

There is a progress counter in the upper right. If you feel you can do 30-40 then I think the only option is to wait until you’ve completed 20-30 more before clicking the “wrap-up” button. I do that all the time.

AFAIK there is nothing exposed anywhere to configure the maximum number of partially answered items in a session. It’s fixed at ten (which is why the wrap-up button is fixed at ten).

It’s conceptually possible to override the wrap up button behavior to at least allow larger values (effectively automating the “wait to click” process described above) but it seems like it wouldn’t be worth the effort.

4 Likes

A different solution, I have reorder omega script so I have my presets set in a way that the reading and meaning are back to back on each item, that way if I want to abandon a session, I just have to finish the current item and I can click the home button. That’s not a set review size, but you can quit whenever you want.

2 Likes

I have overdue review reorder script installed, I’ll try it with omega and report back. Sounds promising.

2 Likes

I use @Kumirei’s Review Queue Sizer script when I want to back reviews and only do 20/30/50/XX at once (apologies for linking directly to the greasyfork, I don’t know that it has its own thread)

4 Likes

I opted for this solution. Exactly what I needed.
After the script installed, there’s a one setting in review mode, where you can set the review batch number.
Item’s meaning and reading doesn’t come back to back, which I liked.
Thanks!

1 Like

FYI if you’re using Omega (which I think you don’t) you can also do this with a “first” filter in your preset

1 Like