Reset start date?

Is there any way to reset my start date? I joined WaniKani and then didn’t do anything with it for a couple of years. Literally nothing. A couple of weeks ago I got serious about learning Kanji and and started for real. But because of the long idle period, if I go to wkstats.com it says I will level up in 828 days, 14 hours, and I will reach “All Burned” in 2153! :hushed:

It would be nice if I could get some useful stats out of this.

You cannot reset your start date. But on the stats site you can click on a level in the bar chart to remove it from the average level up time.

It’s magic! Thanks, @seanblue!

You can reset back to level 1 and go to https://www.wkstats.com:10001 (that’s the new wkstats). There you’ll see your restart date. Reset data is not available in WK APIv1, which wkstats uses, but available in WK APIv2, which wkstats:10001 uses.

Sorry, I know your question is serious but I could not avoid remembering Buck Rogers’ opening theme

That’s even more magical! I did a reset when I started for real, so dates here are accurate (although “projections” just gives me a 404).

Unfortunately that part of the new stats site isn’t finished yet.

Thanks for the help. I made a reset after I became a lifer last week and wondering why my level showing 365 days to complete :frowning:

I was still using the old API and old site for wkstats, this new version is better one.