Relearning after 1 year

Due to various circumstances in my life, I have not touched any of my reviews in about a year, I’m just wondering because of how SRS works if I start doing them again would I need to maybe reset my account to a certain level or just completely restart? I’m unsure of where to go from here.

6 Likes

Hey, I don’t think that I can answer your question well, but there already were tons of threads about resetting and coming back to WaniKani. I’ll give you some links:
To reset or not to reset?
After a long absence, I reset (to level 7), and I’m glad I did
How many times have you reset your level?
Help! Thinking of resetting :sob:
There are more, just use the search button :grinning:

6 Likes

You can just start doing them again, work through what has built up.

If you get them wrong they’ll go down (e.g. from master to guru) and if you get them right then that’s great means you still remember it and it’ll rank up as it should.

Doesn’t matter if you’ve been gone for a year, the SRS system will do its job and get you back where you need to be. Just start working on your reviews and I would suggest not doing lessons until you’re all caught up.

That being said, you could go back a few levels down to say level 14, and anything above that level will become locked again and you’ll have to re-do them from scratch. But they will disappear from your review pile.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.