Reading handwriting/calligraphy

Request
Hear me out:
A program that shows you increasingly difficult handwriting in Japanese that you have to type on some kind of answer box for you to train your understanding of it. In a systematic way. Starting form something very similar to computer font up to things like this
imagen
I’d find it pretty interesting and helpful.

Since in this community there are a lot of people who like programming, would anyone be interested in making something like this? Does this exist already?
(:

3 Likes

This can in part be solved by finding very out-there fonts to combine with Jitai, I would think.

I haven’t done that much diving into different computer fonts, so maybe there is less that mimics calligraphy and handwriting than I think there is, but a font randomiser at least puts your knowledge of kanji and stroke order through it’s paces a bit more.

6 Likes

Yeah just look for calligraphy/handwriting fonts and use Jitai. The GitHub page has suggestions that are good. It’s helped me immensely.

1 Like

If you want to read that, you’ll also need to learn how to read classical Japanese, not just handwriting.

1 Like

I did what you told me and installed some new fonts for Jitai (I don’t know why I hadn’t thought of that) and I can say it’s helping! So, thank you
ʕ•ٹ•ʔ

1 Like