📚📚 Read Japanese Every Day Challenge - Spring 2024 🌸🍡🌱

:sparkles: Weeb’s Home Post :sparkles:

So from my understanding the home post is for your overall tracker then every day you reply with progress and include a link to your home post so it’s easier for you to find?

Start Date: 4月12日

Apr
月 火 水 木 金 土 日
01 02 03 04 05 06 07
08 09 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
May
月 火 水 木 金 土 日
01 02 03 04 05
06 07 08 09 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Jun
月 火 水 木 金 土 日
01 02
03 04 05 06 07 08 09
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Yup that’s right! I don’t bother but lots of people do it!

Read a level 0 Tadoku Book - hungry for mochi after.
本はかわいいです。

I read two level 1 and two level 2 stories.

:house: Home Post | :writing_hand: Study Log | 04月12日

Resource Progress Visual
:orange_book: Tadoku L3 Stories 8% → 16% ■□□□□□□□□□
:green_book: Tadoku L4 Stories 0% □□□□□□□□□□
:blue_book: Tadoku L5 Stories 0% □□□□□□□□□□
:newspaper_roll: NHK Articles 0 □□□□□□□□□□
:coffee: Shirokuma Cafe 8% □□□□□□□□□□

The first Tadoku book gonna be honest didn’t understand a ton of things but I got the gist of the story, the first half was above my vocab level then the second half was fine. For the second book that was all good, it was about tomatoes. Hoping to keep up with reading them to finish all the Tadoku books before the end of the challenge.

:dango: :seedling: snowwater’s home thread :snowflake::droplet:

:snowflake::droplet: 04月09日 (火) Type Progress Pages
:owl: ハリー・ポッターと賢者の石 Book 6->7% 30 to 34
:snowflake::droplet: 04月10日 (水) Type Progress Pages
:owl: ハリー・ポッターと賢者の石 Book 7->10% 34 to 48
:snowflake::droplet: 04月11日 (木) Type Progress Pages
:couple_with_heart_woman_woman: アステリズムに花束を 百合SFアンソロジー Book 74->76 266 to 273
:door: すずめの戸締り Book 4
Thoughts on the reading

:owl: ハリー・ポッターと賢者の石: chapter 2 was enjoyable, I’m having a nice time with the writing style. It’s not a very difficult read, which is also nice (considering I’m reading a bit too many books at the same time). It’s nice to revisit Harry Potter after so many years

:couple_with_heart_woman_woman: アステリズムに花束を 百合SFアンソロジー: It was an enjoyable chapter with a lot of curious elements on the world building of the story. One of the cities is called Mag Mell, based on Irish mythology - “a mythical realm achievable through death and/or glory. Unlike the underworld in some mythologies, Mag Mell was a pleasurable paradise”. However, in the story, even though it was once like a paradise, it became abandoned ruins. Even though this story wasn’t what I expected, I’m really enjoying it so far.

:door: すずめの戸締り: One of my goals for this year is to read books I have bought and haven’t started on yet… this is one of them. I was done with my weekly readings early this week, so I got a start before bed. Only a few pages since I was quite tired, so I cannot say much about it yet, but I’m curious to see where the story will go.

12th april

home post

today wasn’t super productive, thanks to suddenly having more to do than i expected and then my monitor breaking, but i did read about two pages of すきとも (quicker to type), plus some stuff on pixiv.

today’s nhk article was this one, plus the entry on と言(い)っても in aDoIJG

:cat: Book Pages
:star2: Renshuu book club beginner reading 19 pages
:musical_note: 気になってる人が男じゃなかった VOL.2 start - 26

<< Prev

Q2 of 2024 | Week 2

4月12日 (金)

  • :cn: Three Kingdoms 2 (13-15/30)

  • クプルムの花嫁 Vol.2 (81%) - Vol.3 (21%)

  • NHKにようこそ! (62-66%)

  • DIJG : (stem/te)は

Words of the day
  • 雨天決行(うてんけっこう) = no postponement for rain; carrying out even with rainy weather
  • 祭(まつ)り囃子(ばやし) = festival music. 祭(まつ)りの囃子(はやし).
  • 大喜利(おおぎり) = comedy segment, with one-liner improvization

2024-04-12

:previous_track_button: Previous | :house: Home post | Next :next_track_button:

Date Name Type Amount Time
2024-04-12 :books: 本好きの下剋上第一部7 :green_book: Manga :white_check_mark: Bonus SS
:page_facing_up: 11 pages
:hourglass: 0h45m

And with that, the short story is finished and with it, part 1 of the Bookworm manga. This was a slower and harder one than the previous manga in the series, which might be a sign for part 2 when all the temple stuff becomes relevant.

:bookmark: Home post // April 12 :cherry_blossom: :dango: :seedling:

・ 今はもうない - Switch Back (5% → 9%)

I marked probably 2-3 locations in the book already, 感想はちゃんと書いておいたので、easier to leave comments in the weekly threads later after I’ve finished that week’s part.

:house: home post :house:
:calendar: 2024年4月12日 :calendar:

:question: Title Read today Currently at Notes
:orange_book: Secret 2 episodes 74/98 —
:bust_in_silhouette: シャドーハウス 5 chapters 69/175
シャドーハウス Chapter 67

Damn シャドーハウス has a big cast.

April 12 | Home post

Today I finished chapter 3 of the VN Christmas Tina and chapter 5 of the manga Flying Witch. Not running out of things to read any time soon!

四月十二日・Home Post

Read another chapter of ちょこちゃん and Lv3 Tadoku Book トマトを育てました.

Dirk’s Holistic Reading Attempt…
Maybe this will keep me accountable, because I am a ridiculous procrastinator when I don’t have accountabili-buddies. Congratulations. You are all now accountabili-buddies.

I’m reading 20th Century Boys by Naoki Urasawa. It’s tough. There’s no furigana and… I’m just not very advanced. But dad-gummit, I am doing it with dictionary in hand.

Apr
月 火 水 木 金 土 日
01 02 03 04 05 06 07
08 09 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
May
月 火 水 木 金 土 日
01 02 03 04 05
06 07 08 09 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Jun
月 火 水 木 金 土 日
01 02
03 04 05 06 07 08 09
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

:cherry_blossom: :teapot: Home Post and thread

4月12日金曜日

:heart_eyes: ホリミヤ vol. 1, 14 pages.
Still going well, still with funny and lovable characters ^^

4月12日 | Home post

I’m falling asleep on top of my laptop, I’ll stop here for today.

  • アオハライド (6) (pp. 19-26)
  • DoBJG: か (1); か (2); か (どうか) (26%)

Heyyy I read that same Tadoku book today :raised_hands:

April 12th!

Just a little read today - a chapter of Teasing Master Takagi-san.

(Home Post)

I’ve been reading the dragon ball manga for a month consistently now. Gone from volume 17 to 39 which I’ll finish tonight or tomorrow. It’s very easy reading and I’m surprised by how much I’m enjoying it. It’s very light on kanji and uses furigana so I probably could have read it quite a long time ago. I guess I’m reading just for enjoyment now.