📚📚 Read Every Day Challenge - Winter 2024 🎍☃🌲

February 18th!
Today I read this week BBC assignment of 気になってる人が男じゃなかった.

February 19th!
Chapter 161 of Shadows House today.

(Home Post)

21 Likes

2月19日
Home post

Read all the way through Week 7 of Ruri Dragon, but was only able to parse through the first half. Will go through the second half another day!

I also read through DrDru’s stories 1_04 to 1_07. I’m pretty bad in katakana so even though the grammar is pretty basic, it’s actually quite challenging. I mean seriously, I don’t even know if I’m reading this correctly…

20 Likes

ガンダルフの名は大好きです。:rofl:

6 Likes

That’s the only one i know for sure I read correctly. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

They are the names of the 13 dwarves in the Hobbit with Bilbo on the right. Reading them does not really add anything. They’re just here for to give some context.

You’ll encounter a lot more Kana later. No one likes Katakana but they are actually very common.

17 Likes

19th feb

home post

very tired today so tho i did an ouran chapter i didn’t bother with no. 6, i wouldn’t have taken any of it in. did a skim read of the rest of worst vol 1 but didn’t look anything up and didn’t add anything to anki. the main character is a genuine delight so far, but oh god there’s so many names, there’s like four or five straight pages of introductions

today’s nhk article was this one (very long but very interesting!) and the granblue valentine’s thing and the first entry on そこで in aDoIJG

i’m a little late but happy birthday! :tada:

19 Likes

Aha! Thanks for the tip! I double checked just now! :sweat_smile:

Thanks for creating these by the wayyy!

7 Likes

Feb 19, Mon of Week 8 of Q1 2024

• ぼぎわんが来る (19-23%)

• いちばんやさしい世界史の本 Ch.8 [232-239/258]

• Persona 4 Golden

More game mechanics, and extras. Looks a little cooler than I thought.

• DIJG : 御~ 下さい, 思われる, ~て.おり, を通して
Words of the day
  • 半纏(はんてん) = a kind of coat :coat:. Like 羽織(はおり).
  • 二分(にぶん)する = to split in two halves
  • 件名(けんめい) = title; subject e.g. of an email
  • ぬるま() = lukewarm water. The first part is usually (ぬる)い or (ぬる)む, though.
  • 格言(かくげん) = maxim; proverb

19 Likes

:raccoon: :snowflake: :books: February 19 :books: :snowflake: :raccoon:

狸のお祭り :raccoon: :drum:
Chapter: 4/4

That’s the tanuki-story complete ポンポコ、ポンポコ、ポコポコポン

Will start the next one tomorrow, whatever it may be.

17 Likes

:notebook: :computer: :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake: February 16

Read like a page of あなたも殺人犯になれる! before falling asleep. Too tired…

:notebook: :computer: :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake: February 17

Wasn’t home so I just read an NHK easy article on my phone.

:notebook: :computer: :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake: February 18

Read あなたも殺人犯になれる! chapters 20, 21, 22, 23 and 24 :open_mouth: That’s definitely a first. I’ll be done with this in no time if I continue like this. I also played some 逆転裁判 and read chapter 2 of ハイキュー (Vol.1). Amazing what actually having time can do. Too bad it won’t happen often.

22 Likes

Home Thread // February 19th, 2024

Name Progress State Finished
The King’s Birthday 7/7 chapters (100%) :white_check_mark: Finished 19th Feb, 2024
Aryn’s wonderful world 6/6 chapters (100%) :white_check_mark: Finished 12th Feb, 2024
Aryn’s rescue 24/24 chapters (100%) :white_check_mark: Finished 9th Feb, 2024

Nice, I managed to follow my usual routine again today: I read all of today’s NHK Easy articles and the last chapter of the King’s birthday and thus finished it! :smile: Next up is Markus’ Ascend!

Thanks a lot! :heart:

19 Likes

2024-02-19

:previous_track_button: Previous | :house: Home post | Next :next_track_button:

Date Name Type Amount Time
2024-02-19 :supervillain: セーラー服と機関銃 :closed_book: Novel
:durtle: (IBC)
:arrow_forward: IBC Week 1
:computer: 2.5 → 4%
:page_facing_up: 6 pages
:hourglass_flowing_sand: 35m

Today I finished this week’s IBC reading. It was challenging, I’m doing a lot of lookups even compared to 本好きの下剋上。I’m not good with the body parts and tears language, though after reading it I was like, “wasn’t there a lot of descriptions like that in like chapter 1 of 本好きの下剋上” too. But clearly that vocab didn’t stick around long term. But I’m getting through it.

21 Likes

:bookmark: Home post // Feb 19 :snowman_with_snow: :books:

・サイレント・ウイッチ VII (30% → 34%)

Good first day of internship, learned a lot. As for reading, only got to read on the train to work, was too tired on the way back.

23 Likes

20 Feb | Home

:question: Title Type Natively Progress
:business_suit_levitating: 隣は何を食う人ぞ ~ほろ酔い8 manga 27 pg0 → pg39
:cat2: また、同じ夢を見ていた book 25 22% (no change)
:squid: ダンジョン飯3 manga 29 55% (no change)
:candy: 不思議駄菓子屋1 book 24 30% (no change)
  • Just a chapter of ほろよい8 to start the morning, will probably poke at it casually through the day. Considering that I will probably not trade this lot in, I might just start writing (in pencil!) on the books… it’s really helping with the digital books, so it might help here… maybe
20 Likes

ぼくは青くて透明で…3 days of reading (excluding the weekend), 1 chapter, 21%, 48 of 218 pages completed. I hope it has a happy ending but I am doubting it.

18 Likes

Home post

Feb 19

• :mans_shoe: スキップとローファー started on volume 6 with chapters 30 and 31, which were about Valentine’s Day! I didn’t expect that it would be mostly focused on Mika, but I really liked how it depicted her insecurities and emotions. The ending bit was cute too!
21 Likes

Feb 20

虐殺器官 11% - 12%

New grammar points of today:
~にすぎない mere/nothing more than
以外のなにものでもない nothing but …

18 Likes

:japanese_ogre: February 16 :beans:

:japanese_ogre: February 17 :beans:

:cat: Book Pages
:dagger: ジョジョの奇妙な冒険 1 169 - 177

:japanese_ogre: February 18 :beans:

doujin

:japanese_ogre: February 19 :beans:

:dagger: ジョジョの奇妙な冒険 1 178 - 192 (end)

Wild weekend. Forgot to read seasons :snowman_with_snow: Finished Midnight :wine_glass: in a bit of a frenzy, knocked out the book club portion of Not a guy :musical_note:. Sampled a hell of a lot of doujin. And made sure to finish the JoJo chapter on Monday.

22 Likes

20th feb

home post

another chapter of ouran (about halfway through the volume), got a little sidetracked with looking up some references it made, and then very sidetracked looking up ギャル文字(もじ) but i got there. no no.6 or bakumatsu book again (didn’t really have time.)

today’s nhk article was this one, plus granblue valentines event, and the entries on そこで(2) and そこを in aDoIJG

21 Likes

2月20日
Home post

Last half of Week 7 successfully deciphered. Super curious what dialect the grandma talks in… On that note, I really want to learn the Kansai-ben since I lived there for a year. If anybody has suggestions on what sources I could use for this, I would really appreciate it.

Also read DrDru’s stories 1_08 to 2_01! I was stuck on ケイト for a while and then I read the next one which was ウィリアム and finally pieced the emojis together. I was thinking maybe there was another way of saying princess or queen that I don’t know about or reading the katakana incorrectly. :woman_facepalming:t2:

20 Likes