๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š Read every day challenge - Winter 2023 โ˜ƒโ„

February 25 :snowflake: Home Post

Thanks again for the birthday wishes :grin: I played some more Steins;Gate today, didnโ€™t end up having a whole lot of time to do so but it continues to be very intriguing :eyes: I have many questions and no answers lmao.

21 Likes

:bookmark: Home post // Feb 25 :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake:

ใƒป่–ฌๅฑ‹ใฎใฒใจใ‚Šใ”ใจ๏ผ“ (81% โ†’ 100%)

I finished the book :eyes: :sparkles:

Spoilery comments (no lookie if you're planning to read the series)

I knew it! Finally confirmed: ไปปๆฐ(ใ˜ใ‚“ใ—) is the character I thought he was :smiley: Wheee! And he was trying to tell Maomao but she dodged the conversation, literally shut the door in his face. At least, she heard his apology.

The scene in the cave was hilarious, Maomao got to know about the :sparkles: frog :sparkles:. Label: ใใ“ใใ“. Iโ€™m glad the scene didnโ€™t go any further than that though, seems like he really wanted to prove that it was not a frog at all :sweat_smile:

Hereโ€™s my favorite illustration in this volume:

ใ‚ใใ‚ใ

Possible spoiler for volume 5, I think: In this volume, Iโ€™m glad the frog scene stopped where it did, but Iโ€™m kinda freaked out because I know Nafu complained about a scene that basically was an assault? Iโ€™m worried.

ใƒปใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ (0% โ†’ 1%)

Also read the first 3-4 pages of new book.

PS. I fell asleep last night before I could post xD

22 Likes

:chocolate_bar: :love_letter: ๏ผ’ๆœˆ๏ผ’๏ผ•ๆ—ฅ :love_letter: :chocolate_bar: (Home Post Link)

Read:

• ไธ‰ใƒ„ๆ˜Ÿใ‚ซใƒฉใƒผใ‚บ ch 23
  • ๅค่ฆ‹ใ•ใ‚“ใฏใ‚ณใƒŸใƒฅ็—‡ใงใ™ ch 3, 4, 5 - ใ‚๏ผ ใ‚„ใ›ใ„ใฎใƒใ‚ณใƒŸใŒใจใณใ ใ—ใฆใใŸ๏ผ
  • ใƒซใƒชใƒ‰ใƒฉใ‚ดใƒณ pg 18-26 might end up reading ahead on this at some point, but i have other priorities for now

Word of the Day:
็ญ†่ซ‡ใ€Œใฒใคใ ใ‚“ใ€ใƒผ communicating in writing

20 Likes

Feb 11th-25th
Home Post :house_with_garden:

Hello hello everyoneโ€ฆ Many days without updating and honestlyโ€ฆ reading during the trip didnโ€™t go well at all, but itโ€™s okay I guessโ€ฆ
11/2: :ring: ใ‚ใŸใ—ใฎๅนธใ›ใช็ตๅฉš, 26min
12/2: :ring: ใ‚ใŸใ—ใฎๅนธใ›ใช็ตๅฉš, 48min
13/2-14/2: :heavy_multiplication_x: missed
15/2: :ring: ใ‚ใŸใ—ใฎๅนธใ›ใช็ตๅฉš, 23min 31%
16/2: :heavy_multiplication_x: missed
17/2: :dragon: ๆšใฎใƒจใƒŠใ€ch107,108.
18/2: :dragon: ๆšใฎใƒจใƒŠใ€ch108 read-aloud.
19-24/2: :heavy_multiplication_x: all missedโ€ฆ
25/2: :dragon: ๆšใฎใƒจใƒŠใ€ch109. โ†’ ended up getting called to do something and had to leave the bookclub sessionโ€ฆ

I only had :ring: and :dragon: with me for the trip, so nothing else read. I feel bad for falling into a reading slump but as long as I get back on track and donโ€™t give up completely, I think it should be okay.

22 Likes

home post

26th feb

another short chapter of ่–โ˜†ใŠใซใ„ใ•ใ‚“ today, this time they went shopping and ended up doing a comedy routine for the elderly, as you do. not sure iโ€™m enjoying it as such, but itโ€™s something to look at. comedy in general seems harder

19 Likes

:performing_arts: Home :switzerland:

February 26th

ใ‚ธใƒงใ‚ธใƒงใฎๅฅ‡ๅฆ™ใชๅ†’้™บ10
-

ใƒซใƒชใƒ‰ใƒฉใ‚ดใƒณ 1
105 - 170 (end)

ๅฎ็Ÿณ(ใปใ†ใ›ใ)ใฎๅ›ฝ(ใใซ)
-

Posting now because I doubt Iโ€™ll read other stuff tonight. Too much studying and work to do. Pretty sure I have the same umbrella as the mom (?), also canโ€™t wait to see whatโ€™s revealed at the start of vol 2 when it eventually (hopefully) comes.

Also thinking Iโ€™ll put Land of the Lustrous and Ruri Dragon on the same list of manga to buy later when I have the shelf/the works are complete like Rose of Versailles

20 Likes

Read a chapter of ๆŽจใ—ใฎๅญ and a section of Chainsaw Man: Buddy Stories. Played Genshin but admittedly ignored a lot of the dialogue.

I was pretty busy today. Had a cooking class and a Livestream of Nogizaka46. So that was about 8 hours of my day, but still made some time for reading. Tomorrow Tuesday is the last day of the challenge, so Iโ€™ll give my final results for the challenge, reflections, etc.

EDIT: I got my days mixed up!

18 Likes

Feb 26, Sun of Week 9 of Winter Q1 2023 :snowman::snowflake:

• ใ‚ฌใƒฉใ‚นใฎใ†ใ•ใŽ Ch.15-16 (end volume)

After Ch.16 is publication notes and I went on full reading without looking up, perhaps I was getting tired. With enough Furigana (but not all), subvocalization, or reading aloud quietly, is easy.

• ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ
Words of the day
  • ใกใ‚‰ใปใ‚‰(.) = (on-mim) here and there
  • ใผใคใผใค(.) = (on-mim) gradually / scattered; here and there
  • ใคใ‹ใคใ‹(.) = (on-mim) walking briskly; without hesitation
  • ใฉใ‚„ใฉใ‚„(.) = (on-mim) sound of many footsteps, noisily
  • ใ‚‚ใŸใ‚‚ใŸ(.) = (on-mim) slow and tardy
  • ใ‚‚ใใ‚‚ใ = silently = ้ป™ใ€…(ใ‚‚ใใ‚‚ใ)
  • ใƒใƒณใƒ—ใƒณใ‚ซใƒณใƒ—ใƒณ(.) = unintelligible; gibberish
  • ใใ‚“ใจใ‚“ = mashed sweet potatoes = ้‡‘ๅ›ฃ(ใใ‚“ใจใ‚“)
  • ใƒ‘ใƒณใƒ€ใƒณ = pandan, a kind of plant = ใƒ‘ใƒณใƒ€ใƒณใƒชใƒผใƒ•. Seems to be of ่›ธ(ใŸใ“)ใฎๆœจ(ใ) family. I donโ€™t know the English word, but in Thai is เน€เธ•เธขเธซเธญเธก.
  • ใฏใ‹ใ‚‰ใ„ = discretion = ่จˆ(ใฏใ‹)ใ‚‰ใ„
  • ใจใ“ใ‚ใ›ใพใ—ใจ = being cramped; crowded; overflowing = ๆ‰€็‹ญ(ใจใ“ใ‚ใ›ใพ)ใ—ใจ. There is also ๆ‰€็‹ญ(ใจใ“ใ‚ใ›ใพ)ใ„.
  • ใชใ„ใชใ„ใฅใใ— = having nothing left = ็„ก(ใช)ใ„็„ก(ใช)ใ„ๅฐฝ(ใฅ)ใใ—
  • ใ“ใ†ใ‚€ใ‚‹ = to sustain damage. Kanji is ่ขซ(ใ“ใ†ใ‚€)ใ‚‹ / ่’™(ใ“ใ†ใ‚€)ใ‚‹. I think it sounds quite similar to ่‘ฌ(ใปใ†ใ‚€)ใ‚‹ = to bury.
  • ้ป™ๆƒณ(ใ‚‚ใใใ†) = contemplation
  • ไบบ(ใฒใจ)ใชใคใ“ใ„ = friendly = ไบบๆ‡(ใฒใจใชใค)ใ“ใ„ = ไบบๆ‡(ใฒใจใชใค)ใฃใ“ใ„
  • ้ฃŸ(ใŸ)ในใ–ใ‹ใ‚Š = growing childโ€™s appetite; being a children with a lot of appetite = ้ฃŸ(ใŸ)ใน็››(ใ–ใ‹)ใ‚Š
  • ๅฅฎ็™บ(ใตใ‚“ใฑใค) = a spurt of efforts; exertions
  • ็„ผ(ใ‚„)ใ‘ใŸใ ใ‚Œใ‚‹ = to be burned badly = ็„ผ(ใ‚„)ใ‘็ˆ›(ใŸใ )ใ‚Œใ‚‹
  • ๆฎฟๅ ‚(ใงใ‚“ใฉใ†) = a hall
  • ๅ›ฝๆŠ€(ใ“ใใŽ) = national sports
  • ๆฑๆด‹ๅฒ(ใจใ†ใ‚ˆใ†ใ—) = Asian history. ๆฑๆด‹(ใจใ†ใ‚ˆใ†) is the East, while ่ฅฟๆด‹(ใ›ใ„ใ‚ˆใ†) and ๆด‹ๅผ(ใ‚ˆใ†ใ—ใ) are of western style.
  • ้‡Žๅฎฟ(ใฎใ˜ใ‚…ใ) = sleeping outdoors
  • ๆญปๅŽป(ใ—ใใ‚‡) = passing away
  • ๅคง้ป’ๆŸฑ(ใ ใ„ใ“ใใฐใ—ใ‚‰) = central pillar. The ๅคง้ป’(ใ ใ„ใ“ใ) part probably refers to ๅคง้ป’ๅคฉ(ใ ใ„ใ“ใใฆใ‚“).
  • ๆ†ฒๅ…ต(ใ‘ใ‚“ใบใ„) = Military Police. Also abbreviated MP in context.
  • ๅœ้›ป(ใฆใ„ใงใ‚“) = power outage
  • ๅฃฐๆฅฝ(ใ›ใ„ใŒใ) = vocal music
  • ไบˆ้ธ(ใ‚ˆใ›ใ‚“) = preliminary contest
  • ่ก†่ญฐไธ€ๆฑบ(ใ—ใ‚…ใ†ใŽใ„ใฃใ‘ใค) = unanimous
  • ็™บไผšๅผ(ใฏใฃใ‹ใ„ใ—ใ) = opening ceremony
  • ้™ฝ็‚Ž(ใ‹ใ’ใ‚ใ†) = heat haze; shimmer of hot air. Another word that has this reading is ่œ‰่ฃ(ใ‹ใ’ใ‚ใ†) = mayfly; ephemeropteran.
  • ๆœˆๅคœ(ใคใใ‚ˆ) = moonlit night. Opposite is ้—‡ๅคœ(ใ‚„ใฟใ‚ˆ).
  • ่‰ฒ็™ฝ(ใ„ใ‚ใ˜ใ‚) = fair (light) skin complexion
17 Likes

February 26th

:snowman: Home post :snowflake:

Card Captor Sakura volume 11 / volume 12 โ€“ progress report
Yesterday: Continued up to page 167.
Today: Read up to page 181, finished chapter 45 and volume 11. :tada:
Began reading volume 12, read up to page 17.

Eriol finally explained his motives and apologised for the trouble he caused โ€“ sure hope so, my dude, you almost killed Sakura at least once during your shenanigans. :roll_eyes:
With the main plot point of turning the Clow Cards into Sakura Cards being finished, volume 12 is probably going to be all about the characters and completing some unfinished business between them. Frankly, I donโ€™t remember much about this volume except some of the things which strictly involving Sakura and Shaolan and the ending.

Btw, happy cakeday, @nyxqueenofshadows ! :tada: :cake:

โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

Word or expression of the day:
ๆดžๅฏŸๅŠ› - (ใฉใ†ใ•ใคใ‚Šใ‚‡ใ) - insight, discernment, perception, acumen

Honourable mention(s):
่พ›ใ„็›ฎใซๅˆใ† - (ใคใ‚‰ใ„ใ‚ใซใ‚ใ†) - to have a hard time (of it)

20 Likes

:raccoon: :books: The Tanuki Kotatsu Reading Den :snowflake: :raccoon:

February 26th
ๆ–ฐๆ›ธๅคช้–ฃ่จ˜ progress: 13.11% // Volume II: 48.95% :interrobang:

Todayโ€™s text was stuffed full with lots of confusing names (people, castles, places), at one point it just put them in a list because there were so many.

Is this the name of a guy or a castle? Oh itโ€™s talking, it must be a person.

Is he affiliated with this clan, or that clan? Well, he used to be in this clan, but then moved to that clan which then dissolved and became part of his original clan but then he decided to move again to this other clan.

Words found under the kotatsu

Forms
็Œถ ๏ผ ๅฐšใ€ŒใชใŠใ€(Still; yet)

Character Name List

Probably some spoilers, but this is a historic novel, so can spoilers really exist for things that have (for the most part) actually happened :thinking:

Volume I: 1535 - 1555

ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Hideyoshi (as child)
Nicknames: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€/ ้‡ๅฃฒใ‚Šใ€Œใฏใ‚Šใ†ใ‚Šใ€
Name serving Nobunaga: ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€

Family
ๆœจไธ‹ๅผฅๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‚„ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father
โ€“ โ€“ ไน™่‹ฅใ€ŒใŠใจใ‚ใ‹ใ€- Old friend (serves under ็น”็”ฐ)
็ญ‘้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใกใใ‚ใฟใ€ใƒผ Step-father
ๅคงๆ”ฟๆ‰€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใพใ‚“ใฉใ“ใ‚ใ€// also ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ ใ€ŒใŠใชใ‹ใ€ใƒผ Mother
ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister
ๅฐ็ซนใ€Œใ“ใกใใ€- Baby brother
ๅŠ ่—คๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚ˆใพใ•ใ€// also ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Ojisan (only distantly related (before marriage))
โ€“ Married to: ใŠใˆใค (sister of ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ )

Friends & Acquaintances
ไป็Ž‹ใ€ŒใซใŠใ†ใ€- Big kid friend
ๆ–ผ็ฆใ€ŒใŠใตใใ€(Nickname - full name: ็ฆๅคช้ƒŽใ€ŒใตใใŸใ‚ใ€) // ๆฅŠๆ™ฏ็ฆใ€Œใ‚ˆใ†ใ‘ใ„ใตใใ€(Chinese name/birth name) - Timid kid friend (older than Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅคงๅคซ ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ ใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€// ็ฅฅ็‘žใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใšใ„ใ€(Chinese name) - Father
โ€“ ๆขจ็ดใ€Œใ‚Šใใ‚“ใ€- Mother
ๆจๆฌก้ƒŽใ€Œใ™ใฆใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Previous servant to ไบ”้ƒŽ, later the adoptive father of ๆ–ผ็ฆ, and owner of a tea ware shop - and employer of, and master to, Hideyoshi

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใ“ใ‚ใใ€(also ๆญฃๅ‹ ใ€Œใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€) - Head of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ไธƒๅ†…ใ€Œใชใชใ„ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ Married to ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Son

Retainers:
็จฒ็”ฐๅคง็‚ŠๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใชใ  ใŠใŠใ„ใฎใ™ใ‘]
้’ๅฑฑๆ–ฐไธƒใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใ—ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€
้•ทไบ•ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€
ๆพๅŽŸๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€

Others:
ๅ›ฝๅ‰ใ€Œใใซใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Gunsmith/blacksmith
ๆธก่พบๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Deserter - Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้›ฃๆณขๅ†…่จ˜ใ€Œใชใ‚“ใฐ ใชใ„ใใ€- Spy disguised as a Komuso
ไป็”ฐๅฝฆๅใ€ŒใซใฃใŸ ใฒใ“ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ€- Subordinate

(่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๆญฃๅˆฉใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใจใ—ใ€- previous head of the Hachisuka clan)

Saito Clan
((questionable) Alliance with the Hachisuka clan)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Head of the Saito clan
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใŸใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Son

ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - serves under Dosan
โ€“ ๅˆๅธ‚ใ€ŒใพใŸใ„ใกใ€- Underling / foot soldier

ๅ €็”ฐ ้“็ฉบใ€ŒใปใฃใŸ ใฉใ†ใใ†ใ€- Chief retainer
ๅผฅๅนณๆฒปๅ…‰ๆ˜ฅใ€Œใ‚„ใธใ„ใ˜ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€- Retainer (cousin to Jyubei)
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Father
ๆ˜ฅๆ—ฅไธนๅพŒใ€Œใ‹ใ™ใŒ ใŸใ‚“ใ”ใ€- Military commander

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda clan (Married to the daughter of Saito Dosan)
โ€“ ๅฏๆœˆใ€Œใ†ใฅใใ€- Nobunagaโ€™s faithful, old horse :horse:
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father and previous leader of the Oda clan
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไธŽไธ‰้ƒŽใ€ŒใŠใ  ใ‚ˆใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€(Other name: ไฟกๆˆใ€Œใฎใถใชใ‚Šใ€) - Son (half-brother to Nobunaga (different mother))

Retainers (Under Nobuhide rule):
ๅนณๆ‰‹ ๆ”ฟ็ง€ใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใฆ ใพใ•ใฒใงใ€
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(nickname: ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใ€) - First son
โ€“ ็›ฃ็‰ฉใ€Œใ‘ใ‚“ใ‚‚ใคใ€- Second son
โ€“ ็”šๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Third son
โ€“ ้›จๅฎฎๅ‹˜่งฃ็”ฑใ€Œใ‚ใ‚ใฟใ‚„ ใ‹ใ’ใ‚†ใ€- Servant
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€(common name: ๆ–ฐไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ”ใ‚ใ€/ nickname: ไฝๆธกใ€Œใ•ใฉใ†ใ€) (served under Nobunaga too)
โ€“ ็พŽไฝœๅฎˆใ€Œใฟใพใ•ใ‹ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€- Younger brother
้’ๅฑฑ ไฟกๆ˜Œใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใฎใถใพใ•ใ€(common name: ไธŽไธ‰ๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ˆใใ†ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๅ†…่—ค ๅ‹ไป‹ใ€Œใชใ„ใจใ† ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ™ใ‘ / ใ‹ใคใ™ใ‘ใ€

Retainers (Under Nobunaga rule):
ๆŸด็”ฐๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(Nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)

Others:
ๅธ‚ๅทๅคงไป‹ใ€Œใ„ใกใ‹ใ‚ ใ ใ„ใ™ใ‘ใ€- Archery master/instructor
ๅนณ็”ฐไธ‰ไฝใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใŸ ใ•ใ‚“ใฟใ€- Master of military strategy
ๆต…้‡Žๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ใŒใ‚“ใพใ - Former worker/servant, friend of Hideyoshi

Shiba Clan
ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ็ตฑใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Head of the Shiba clan, at Kiyosu castle
โ€“ ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ้Š€ใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใญใ€- Son

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Retainers:
ๆพไธ‹ไน‹็ถฑใ€Œใพใคใ—ใŸ ใ‚†ใใคใชใ€(common name: ๅŠ ๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ‹ใธใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ่ฑŠๅ‰ใ€Œใ„ใฎใŠ ใถใœใ‚“ใ€
ๅคš่ณ€่ƒฝๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€ŒใŸใŒใฎใ† ใฏใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€(nickname: ่ƒฝๅ…ซใ€Œใฎใ†ใฏใกใ€)

Takeda Clan
ๅคช้ƒŽ็พฉไฟกใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใฎใถใ€- Commander
(Married to the daughter of Imagawa Yoshimoto to tie the clans)

Non-affiliated
ไธŠๆณ‰ ไฟก็ถฑใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใฎใถใคใชใ€(also: ไธŠๆณ‰ ไผŠๅ‹ขๅฎˆใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใ„ใ›ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€) - Founder of the ๆ–ฐ้™ฐๆตใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ‹ใ’ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€school of Kenjutsu
โ€“ ็–‹็”ฐๅฐไผฏใ€ŒใฒใใŸ ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใฏใใ€- Disciple
โ€“ ็ฅžๅพŒไบ”ๅ…ญ้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ” ใ”ใ‚ใใ‚ใ†ใ€- Disciple

ๅกšๅŽŸ ๅœไผใ€Œใคใ‹ใฏใ‚‰ ใผใใงใ‚“ใ€- Kensei; legendary swordsman

Historical People
  • ้˜ฟๅ€ไปฒ้บปๅ‘‚ใ€Œใ‚ใน ใฎ ใชใ‹ใพใ‚ใ€ใƒผ Japanese scholar & poet (700s)

• ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใใ‚‡ใ„ใ€ใƒผ Chinese poet (Bai Juyi / Bo Juyi) also known as: ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใ‚‰ใใฆใ‚“ใ€in Japan. (Late 700s)

• ้“ๅ…ƒใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€(or ้“ๅ…ƒ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€ใƒผ Japanese Buddhist Priest, writer & poet (also known as ๆ „่ฅฟ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใˆใ„ใ•ใ„ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€) (Early / mid 1200s)

• ็ฉบๆตทใ€Œใใ†ใ‹ใ„ใ€ใƒผ The one and only Kukai or Kobo Daishi - a Buddhist monk. Posthumously given the title of: ๅผ˜ๆณ•ๅคงๅธซใ€Œใ“ใ†ใผใ† ใ ใ„ใ—ใ€born as: ไฝไผฏ ็œž้ญšใ€Œใ•ใˆใ ใฎ ใพใŠใ€(late 700s / early 800s)

• ๆบ้ ผๆ”ฟใ€Œใฟใชใ‚‚ใจ ใฎ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€ใƒผ Prominent poet and warrior (1100s)

• ๅนณ ้‡็››ใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ‚‰ ใฎ ใ—ใ’ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ Military commander and court noble, claimed to be an ancestor of Oda Nobunaga (Mid-1100s)

• ๆก“ๆญฆ๏ผˆๅคฉ็š‡๏ผ‰ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ‚€๏ผˆใฆใ‚“ใฎใ†๏ผ‰ใ€ใƒผ 50th Emperor of Japan, claimed to be an ancestor of Taira no Shigemori, thus ancestor to Oda Nobunaga (Mid-Late 700s)

Volume II: 1555 - 15??
(currently 1561)

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Head of the Oda clan
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟกๅบƒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใ‚ใ€- Older brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‚†ใใ€(also: ไฟกๅ‹ใ€Œใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€) - Younger brother

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€- Hideyoshi
โ€“ ๆœจ่‚ก ๆจฉไธ‰ใ€ŒใใพใŸ ใ”ใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€(Nickname: ใ”ใ‚“ใž) - Servant

Military Commanders
ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)
ๆฑ ็”ฐ ๆ’่ˆˆใ€Œใ„ใ‘ใ  ใคใญใŠใใ€(Common name: ๅ‹ไธ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใคใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€)
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››้‡ใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ—ใ’ใ€(also know as: ๅคงๅญฆใ€Œใ ใ„ใŒใใ€)
ๅฑฑๅฃ ๅฎˆๅญใ€Œใ‚„ใพใใก ใ‚‚ใ‚ŠใŸใ‹ใ€(also known as: ๆตท่€ไธžใ€Œใˆใณใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€)
ๆŸ˜ๆค ๅ‹้ก•ใ€Œใคใ’ ใจใ‚‚ใ‚ใใ€(also known as: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€)

Retainers
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€(nickname: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€)
ๆฃฎ ๅฏๆˆใ€Œใ‚‚ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใชใ‚Šใ€(Other name: ไธ‰ๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ•ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
โ€“ ่˜ญไธธใ€Œใ‚‰ใ‚“ใพใ‚‹ใ€- Son

Others
ๅฑฑๆทต ๅณ่ฟ‘ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ†ใ“ใ‚“ใ€- Magistrate
โ€“ ๅฑฑๆทต ็พฉ้ ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ‚ˆใ—ใจใŠใ€- Father (Chief Vassal)
ๆˆธ้ƒจ ๆ–ฐๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใจใน ใ—ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Castle commander
ๆฐด้‡Ž ๅธฏๅˆ€ใ€Œใฟใšใฎ ใŸใฆใ‚ใใ€- Castle Guard

Maeda Clan
ๅ‰็”ฐ ๅˆฉๅฎถใ€Œใพใˆใ  ใจใ—ใ„ใˆใ€(childhood name: ็Šฌๅƒไปฃใ€Œใ„ใฌใกใ‚ˆใ€) - Military commander

Saito Clan
ๆ–Ž่—ค ็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Military commander
โ€“ ๅญซๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใพใ”ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๅ–œๅนณๆฌกใ€Œใใธใ„ใ˜ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Father

Akechi Clan
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - Military Commander
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Military Commander and adoptive father of Jyubei
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ็ง€ๆบ€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฒใงใฟใคใ€- Son, and retainer to Jyubei

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท ็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo
โ€“ ไปŠๅท ๆฐ็œŸใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ†ใ˜ใ–ใญใ€- Son, and heir to the Imagawa clan
โ€“ ๅคชๅŽŸ ้›ชๆ–Žใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ’ใ‚“ ใ›ใฃใ•ใ„ใ€- Uncle, military advisor and monk

Military Commanders
ไผŠไธน ๅบท็›ดใ€Œใ„ใŸใฟ ใ‚„ใ™ใชใŠใ€(also known as: ๆจฉ้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใฟใ€)
ๅบตๅŽŸ ๅฟ ็ธใ€Œใ„ใฏใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใ€(also known as: ๅฐ†็›ฃใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ๅˆฉๆพ„ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใจใ—ใšใฟใ€(also known as: ๆŽƒ้ƒจไป‹ใ€Œใ‹ใถใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)

Others
ๅพณๅท ๅฎถๅบทใ€ŒใจใใŒใ‚ ใ„ใˆใ‚„ใ™ใ€(Childhood name: ็ซนๅƒไปฃใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใกใ‚ˆใ€// Other name: ๅ…ƒๅบทใ€Œใ‚‚ใจใ‚„ใ™ใ€) - Soldier
โ€“ ็ฏ‰ๅฑฑใ€Œใคใใ‚„ใพใ€- Wife
โ€“ ๆฆŠๅŽŸ ๅฟ ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใพใ•ใ€- Vassal
ๆœๆฏ”ๅฅˆ ไธป่จˆใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฒใช ใ‹ใšใˆใ€- Samurai

Takeda Clan
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ไฟก็Ž„ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ—ใ‚“ใ’ใ‚“ใ€- Daimyo

Asakura Clan
ๆœๅ€‰ ็พฉๆ™ฏใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใ’ใ€- Daimyo

Sakai Clan
Military Commanders
้…’ไบ• ๆญฃ่ฆชใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใ„ ใพใ•ใกใ‹ใ€(also known as: ไธŽๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Matsudaira Clan
Military Commanders
ๆพๅนณ ่ฆชไฟŠใ€Œใพใคใ ใ„ใ‚‰ ใกใ‹ใจใ—ใ€(also known as: ๅทฆ้ฆฌๅŠฉใ€Œใ•ใพใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
ๆ‰ๆตฆ ๅ‰่ฒžใ€Œใ™ใŽใ†ใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใ ใ€(also known as: ๅ…ซ้ƒŽไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใฏใกใ‚ใ†ใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Non-affiliated
้ตœๆฎฟ ็”šไธƒใ€Œใ†ใฉ (ใฎ) ใ˜ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€- Mountain priest (Yamabushi)

20 Likes

:spiral_calendar: Day 56: February 25th :umbrella:

spacer:older_woman:t2: ร—ร—ใงใ‚‚้ญ”ๆณ•ๅฐ‘ๅฅณใซใชใ‚Œใพใ™ใ‹? Volume 1 (52% โžจ 55%)

spacer:ocean: ARIA The MASTERPIECE Volume 6 (15% โžจ 25%)

spacer:tangerine: orange Volume 7 (15% โžจ 25%)

spacer:crossed_swords: YAIBA Volume 1 (36% โžจ 46%)

spacer:baby_chick: ใฒใ‚ˆๆ‹ Volume 1 (87% โžจ 100%)

The plan was to read at least a bit from everything Iโ€™m in the middle of a volume of, but I got distracted from that.

24 Likes

February 26th (Day 57) :snowflake: :cat2:

Home post :books:

1Q84 Book 1 ๅพŒ็ทจ (18 - 29%)

Aaand I completed chapter 15! :cat2:

19 Likes

Just passed around the third of the novel ใกใ‚‡ใฃใจไปŠใ‹ใ‚‰ไป•ไบ‹ใ‚„ใ‚ใฆใใ‚‹, which so far is focusing on the resulting stress and pressure of working in ใƒ–ใƒฉใƒƒใ‚ฏไผๆฅญ, and what it does to the mental state of employees. Iโ€™m really interested to see where the story will go next.

Personally, one of the interesting pieces of information I encountered while reading is the origin of the phrase ใ‚ตใ‚ถใ‚จใ•ใ‚“็—‡ๅ€™็พค, which is the Japanese name for โ€œblue mondayโ€. Also this part stuck with me quite a bit, as I would say probably everybody experienced this feeling, at least in some way, in their life :sweat_smile:

23 Likes

:bookmark: Home post // Feb 26 :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake:

ใƒปใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ (1% โ†’ 3%)

Yes good, there is dialogue. Almost got scared this book was going to be pages up and pages down filled with text like a massive brick wall. (Thatโ€™s what I get for almost exclusively reading light novels, hahaโ€ฆ) Some blank white-space is good too.

22 Likes

February 24 :heavy_check_mark: :flashlight:

ๅŠ่ฝใก , 66-70%

February 25 :heavy_check_mark: :zzz:

ๆญปไฝ“ใฏ็œ ใ‚‰ใชใ„ , 57-70%

February 26 :heavy_check_mark: :zzz:

ๆญปไฝ“ใฏ็œ ใ‚‰ใชใ„ , 70-100%

I was growing very frustrated with my reading performance in February. So today I found some more time than usual and read a record-breaking 124 pages! Granted, it was a ่ตคๅทๆฌก้ƒŽ book full of dialogue, so easy to read fast, but still - quite satisfying.
As for the book itself, it was exactly as I expected. An easy, light read, with doses of humour, mystery, and tons of dead bodies. It wasnโ€™t a page turner for me though. I felt no attachment to anyone in the book, so I could stop reading any time. If I didnโ€™t want to finish this sooner rather than later, I could have stopped at 10 pages without an irresistible urge to read more.

No bingo I'm afraid. Better luck next time!

21 Likes

Day 56
Just some more Tsugumomo. Unfortunately instead of reading I spend too much time playing Monster Hunter Rise. But Iโ€™m soon done with the game and will spend more time on reading.

3966 pages read

17 Likes

February 26th!

Today I read chapter 60 of Mitsuboshi Colors.
Iโ€™ve only managed a little bit of reading today and yesterday because I was travelling - but Iโ€™m hoping to have a big read tomorrow to make sure I stay on track with my many book clubs! :slight_smile:

(Home Post)

19 Likes

I finished week 8 of ๅŠ่ฝใก leaving only two weeks left. Such a good book. I definitely am going to read more ๆจชๅฑฑ็ง€ๅคซ in the future (I have at least two more of his books on my shelf just waitingโ€ฆ)

I also finished week 5 of ไธƒๅ›žๆญปใ‚“ใ ็”ท (official opens tomorrow) and am about 1/3 of the way through week 4 of ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€ใ‚‚ใฎใฏ. I may or may not finish it tonight.

Iโ€™ll be opening the thread for ใƒฌใƒ™ใƒซ๏ผ— in the Natively forums tonight (which will be Feb 27 for those in time zones ahead of me). Seeing as ไธƒๅ›žๆญปใ‚“ใ ็”ท will be wrapping up at the end of March it will be nice to have another paperback to read. Electronic is convenient but thereโ€™s something so cozy about physical copies.

22 Likes

Home

Day before yesterday I read JJK ch 1-3.

Yesterday I read JJK ch 4-7, finishing vol 1, and read 6 pages of ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ.

Some vocab of note:

ใ‚ถใ‚ฎใƒณใงใ‚ทใƒผใ‚นโ€• [expression, 1980โ€™s slang] (going out for) sushi in Ginza

Today, I read 8 pages of ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ, leaving off on pg 54. Iโ€™ve decided to just read this book on my own because I like it and Iโ€™m tired of hearing everyone complain about it. I also donโ€™t have any motivation to contribute to the discussion (usually when I donโ€™t itโ€™s just that I donโ€™t know what to say, or I didnโ€™t draft anything while I was reading and end up not having the energy to string together my thoughts into something coherent once Iโ€™ve finished that weekโ€™s reading and checked the thread)

I also read several pages of the ใ•ใ‚ˆใชใ‚‰ใ€่ชฐใซใ‚‚ๆ„›ใ•ใ‚Œใชใ‹ใฃใŸ่€…ใŸใกใธ preview.

19 Likes

February 26 :snowflake: Home Post

Today has been a very weird day; I ended up sheltering from tornadoes (everythingโ€™s fine though, no worries!) and getting home super late because of that, very strange all around :joy: but before that I played some more Steins;Gate where theyโ€™re certainly having much stranger times haha. All in all an interesting time!

23 Likes