📚📚 Read every day challenge - Winter 2022 ☃❄

:tiger2: :books: Homepost - Tigerdate: 20220105 :books: :raccoon:


Tanuki Scroll V: トラとキツネ :tiger: :fox_face:

Read today’s Japanese folk story from Wakayama Prefecture!

About a Chinese tiger challenging a Japanese fox to a race. The fox tricks the tiger to win the race and the tiger sulks back to China… and then sends a cat underling to go chase and bite the fox, but the cat mishears キツネ as ネズミ and this is apparently why cats chase mice.

ドン!ドン!

☆ Learnings ☆

New Words

竹やぶ 「たけやぶ」 ー Bamboo grove
早歩き 「はやあるき」 ー Fast-walking, almost jogging
反対側 「はんたいがわ」 ー Opposite side, opposition

Forgotten Meanings

同然 「Just like; no different from; almost the same as」

Forgotten Readings

別れる 「わかれる」 (to part (from people); to part with)


@lucylavelle, happy birthday!! :partying_face:


モフモフ様!I don’t remember the real name of these little bird friends, but I do remember that they are just SO FLUFFY

I love these art styles, and the daily colours! I’ve got an art project going at the moment and one of your links had a section about the traditional colours of Japan and it’s actually exactly what I’ve been looking for, thank you, this’ll be real helpful! :art: :raccoon: