Day 6: July 6th
What did I read?: 宝石商リチャード氏の謎鑑定 light novel
How much did I read?: 2.5 pages
How long did it take me?: 47 min

Day 7: July 7th
What did I read?: 宝石商リチャード氏の謎鑑定 light novel
How much did I read?: 2.5 pages
How long did it take me?: 30 min

Moving along at a glacial pace, but loving it somehow? I don’t know why I’m so struggle times with this novel sometimes, like the sentences won’t compute for some reason :upside_down_face: The grammar is weird to me. I still want to keep reading it though, like I’m tired but I wanna know more, curse my bad reading skills :weary:

Richard’s 日本語 is in fact 上手, if anyone was wondering, Seigi appears to think that Richard has a better vocabulary than him so :joy: My favorite is when Richard whips out 紳士 and Seigi’s like ? and Richard is like “…gentleman” like please, why is that adorable, why does it work xD And Seigi almost tells his mom (via email) about the ridiculously beautiful human he helped today, but he does not. Also cute. I like them. I’m excited for Seigi to hopefully go get his ring appraised (but also why is he keeping his ring in the refrigerator, I’d like an answer to that mystery too)

I think what I might do is try to get through a chapter of the light novel, then read the same chapter in the manga version (I took a quick glance, and it seems like the manga follows the novel very closely, with each light novel chapter being 2 manga chapters). Unfortunately the first volume of the manga (which is all I have) only includes the first 2 chapters of the light novel, but honestly it will probably take me a while to get through those at this pace :joy:

It doesn’t seem like it is, I think you’re good :joy:

:bangbang: THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT
He’s so squishy in anime form omg :sob: I love this, I wonder if it will have enough speaking in it that I can reasonably count it as listening practice :joy: probably not, if the manga is any indication

26 Likes