📚📚 Read every day challenge - Summer 2023 😎☀

Summary post

Day 34: Aug 4th
What did I read?: かにみそ
How much did I read?: 2 pages
How long did it take me?: 52 min

Well today we learned that the narrator is probably a psychopath-

His poor fishies :pensive: I don’t consider myself that sensitive in terms of fictional animal deaths, but this kinda made me want to nope right on out, ngl. Like…why? What was the reason? The way the narrator thought about it and the callousness of that whole moment was just…ick.

I know it’s labeled as horror but I didn’t expect we’d be getting to that vibe so quickly :upside_down_face: Sortaaaaa thinking I might drop this one. It’s hard and the narrator icks me out, I think I sort of thought he’d be more sympathetic (like…even just for 2 seconds? lmao idk, like we’re only on page 4, man). I guess maybe I was hoping for surreal not-that-horrifying “horror” vibes and got “oh no he’s actually seriously disturbed” horror vibes instead?
All of this once again begs the question, WHY is the cover so cute? D: I feel cheated and lied to

Day 35: Aug 5th
What did I read?: ふらいんぐうぃっち Vol 12
How much did I read?: 29 pages
How long did it take me?: 26 min

The end of volume 12 already :pensive:

Day 36: Aug 6th
What did I read?: 晴れのち四季部 Vol 1
How much did I read?: 13 pages
How long did it take me?: 26 min

Day 37: Aug 7th
What did I read?: 晴れのち四季部 Vol 1
How much did I read?: 8 pages
How long did it take me?: 23 min

I feel like parts of this are going over my head, because it’s 4-koma (I never understand them as well as other things for some reason?) but it’s cute nonetheless. I love how the panel with a million words was literally labeled with a little footnote - 読まなくても大丈夫です :joy: Ok, if you say so :saluting_face:

21 Likes