📚📚 Read every day challenge - Summer 2021 🏖🏖

Wiki post

June 30 Update

Aaah, it’s the end of the month! While I haven’t managed to read every single day, I still managed 25 out of 30 days (I think)!

Today’s reading was ナルト volume 3. I read about about 2.5 hours and finished half the book. It felt very smooth overall, even when there were long conversations (which were admittedly light over the past 100 pages).

I think one of the most obvious progress markers for me is how much my reading speed and stamina has improved over the past month. I started out being able to read a chapter from one of my standard shounen manga over the course of 1 - 2 hours, and then I had to stop (specifically, it took me around this much effort to read chapters from Haikyuu back then). Now, with just a bit of extra effort I can easily finish 4 - 5 chapters in about 2 - 2.5 hours (and a Haikyuu chapter typically takes between 20 - 40 min), and I can do this multiple times a week.

I’m also a lot more comfortable reading without marking down every single word I don’t know and trying to understand unknown words based on context.

I’d like to quantify how much time I’ve spent reading this past month, but it’ll take some time to read over every post and calculate it. In the mean time, I’ve finished seven manga over the course of the month, four of which I started this month as well! There’s another two books I’m more than 50% through (Haikyuu and Naruto). It feels like I’ve come a long way.

13 Likes