📚📚 Read every day challenge - Summer 2021 🏖🏖

Wiki post

June 15 Update

This is a very late night update. I had work stuff pop up yesterday all day, so I didn’t get a chance to read (or eat, or sleep - don’t be too hard on myself, future me!). I made up for that today by tackling chapter 3 of 進撃の巨人 all in one go. Boy was this a doozy. 123 unknown words over 46 pages which took approximately 3 hours to cover. This chapter was extremely text heavy as everyone seemed to have something to say (and wanted to squish their entire conversations into one page), and only about 10 low/no-text pages. This has been the most difficult manga I’ve read in a while – while my stamina is greater now, it took me back to when I first started reading ハイキュー!! and how difficult and exhausting that was.

One more chapter left for this volume, and based on where I am in the story, I expect the next chapter to be slightly lighter in text (and heavier in concept). I seem to be running through my list of books to read fairly quickly at this point. Which is a weird thing to say. I usually find myself in the position of having too many books and not enough time to read any of them, but reading every day seems to actually create progress.

12 Likes