:confetti_ball: Summer 2021 Reading Challenge Completion Post :confetti_ball:

Completion: 75 / 75 days (100%)

Work done:

• Satori Reader: 75 episodes
  • NHK Easy News: 1 article
  • γ‚³γƒΌγƒ’γƒΌγŒε†·γ‚γͺいうけに: 39 pages
  • Final Fantasy III: 2h

Thoughts on the challenge:

• Overall it has been a very pleasant experience and I’m glad I joined. It has definitely pushed me to read frequently, something I was very much in need of after getting to Lv60. I will still need to push myself after this, because I already feel Oh Lazy Me in the background.

• I decided that I wanted to make it 75 days, but these last two weeks have been noticeably harder (and a bit boring) than the previous two months. I was thinking that perhaps 61 days is the optimal time span for me, but I’m also wondering if that is because almost everybody else was already done and following alone was no fun. Perhaps 75 days is way too much in general to follow as a group, so one way or another I think 61 days is indeed the sweet spot. I could do those 2 months with no burnout, something to keep in mind for the next challenge. Working through it with everybody else definitely helped me to keep going strong.

• It has taught me even if just a little bit that no matter how little you do everyday, it still amounts to a lot over time. I have trouble myself with doing too little, I feel like I should be doing more, but honestly I needed to see how much I’ve done in the end, and wow, I know that other people have done a lot more and that is amazing, but I feel good for myself. Just for the 75 satori reader episodes alone it has been so much worth it. I hope this helps me change my mindset and understand that even the smallest steps everyday carry you a long way over time, no matter how little it is. I need this mindset in my life :joy: .

• I think many of us learned from this challenge to just quit reading something we’re not clearly enjoying. In my case, I started γ‚³γƒΌγƒ’γƒΌγŒε†·γ‚γͺいうけに with the IBC, and it’s not like I disliked it or anything, but it felt like a burden. Perhaps following book club schedules is not for me unless I really love what they’re reading. I’d much rather set FFXIV in Japanese and grab words here and there, personally.

• I got to interact with many of you I hadn’t interacted before and that’s awesome, it felt like a small family to come back to every day. It’s been great working with you all, discussing and getting to know a bit about yourselves. I’m looking forward to seeing you in the next one! :wink:

η΅‚γ‚γ‚Š

14 Likes