📚📚 Read every day challenge - Spring 2022 🌸 🌱

April 29, Fri :cherry_blossom: home post

Week 5 of Spring 2022’s summary

Not only did I read, but I also listen this week!

• Night Cafe :shrimp: Ch.4
    • I wish I could read faster to enjoy, but I couldn’t… Anyway, several vocabularies are picked up.
  • Yuru Camp :tent: Ch.72-74
    • It was fun, but Ch.74 was a little slower to read, due to mocktail.
    • I think this series is good to read, although it is somewhat centered on 山梨(やまなし).
      • As always, I have to google a lot on names and places; and got to read real Japanese, which is a little over my level… Names in particular of course need appending the series’ name to the search query…
      • Kanji compounds are fun. I feel that Kun readings are the must. On compounds must be remembered, if I recall, but not really remember, or re-encounter. Unexpected readings may come as well, e.g. 発端(ほったん). New Kanji (or forgotten?) as well, such as (あぶ)
  • Wanted :skull_and_crossbones:
    • Well, I only finished the first chapter…

Vocabulary-in-Anki studies and Kanji studies

I made this script, but then, I updated the script a little after that, as I continue to use and improve. It allows me to have smaller decks (subdecks), so I resumed by Anki vocabulary studies.

• I only do EN=>JP right now, but not really EN=>JP; but more of sentence cloze test with EN aid.
Anki preview

天命

It can be made from WaniKani context sentences too, but not sure if someone have done it (make a UserScript)?

Context sentences' parsing
const clozeChar = '__';
let newSent = context_sentences
  .map(({ ja, en }) => `${ja}<br/>${en}`)
  .join('<br/>')
  .replace(cleanJa, clozeChar);

cleanJa.split(/[\p{sc=Hiragana}]+/gu).map((c) => {
  if (c) {
    newSent = newSent.replace(c, clozeChar);
  }
});

fieldUpdate[fields.sentenceCloze] = newSent;

• From resuming Anki, I recalled that I like certain sentence source’s audio, in particular - Death Note. However, I don’t feel I like listening to the whole sentences; but not the whole context / chapter. I should really watch the whole Death Note. (I also know that subtitle might be online somewhere, maybe Open Subtitle; but may be studied in advance.)

Beginning to listen

It may depend on the theme / tone of listening; but I want to focus on easier-to-listen, or grammar (or word combinations) that can apply to reading. As for grammar, I can think of 日本語(にほんご)(もり) - the video quality improved from years ago, and very well done. I found Meshclass Japanese to be nice too.

But not really grammar, but geared towards learners, maybe Comprehensible Japanese. There is i in website name; and it is on YouTube too. I like Nihongo con Teppei too (and I’ve just found this topic - Transcribing Nihongo Con Teppei together!, but I might need to be a little better, to be less stressful.

27 Likes