[Userscript]: Anime Context Sentences

I just hand-removed all the furigana from Madoka, wind rises, and re-zero. I also replaced the troubling sentence in “when marnie was there” with kanji so it can be properly tokenized to 漕ぐ.

こい is one of those troubling Japanese words that can be parsed as 濃い, 恋, 漕い or 来い… especially when someone just enters “koi” into the search bar, what exactly should the search serve them? No one seems to report problems when jisho serves every permutation of “koi” but here with example sentences users have trouble with that. Hm…I doubt there would be any solution that would make everyone happy.

And after dumping all this little typo stuff, I’m wondering if there’s a way for others to help fix these little things? Is there a way of going into the script and fixing stuff, or going to some database and touching up some things? Or can only you access the sentences? Becaue I wouldn’t mind fixing up things as I encountered them, if there were some way. I don’t really know how scripts work though, so maybe I’m not the best person for that, eheh.

There is a report button you can click on the website, so in this case you would have to go to immersionkit.com, login, search for the problematic sentence, and file a report. Currently I’m the only person maintaining the database and checking the reports. Also, there is some technicality involved with patching the sentences, and I need to re-index my database every time I update it.

4 Likes