Day XXXVII: あこや姫
& pages 1-17 of この音とまれ! ![]()
The day I decide to start on この音とまれ! (which has a koto!) is also the same day that the folktale involves a koto, this is obviously a sign that I need to buy a koto (I wish, those things are expensive and the postage costs…
).
I managed 17 pages of この音とまれ! (though about 10 of which were wordless intro pages), it was quite hard going, I’m not really used to reading conversational Japanese, it was pretty kanji heavy too (thankfully, furigana), and I also can’t be lazy and just copy-paste anything I don’t understand into Jisho ![]()
Thanks again @Redglare! ![]()
Today is Anti-Theft day, 盗難防止の日!
So you guys better not be stealing anything today
The reason for it being today is a pun 「10(トー)7(ナン)」= とうなん → 盗難 : theft.
~ New Words ~
[Mountain Name]山の麓 (やまのふもと) - At the foot of [Mountain Name], new kanji too! 麓. The singular meaning of the kanji is “foot of a mountain” as well.
惚れる (ほれる) - To fall in love with / to be charmed with
老松 (ろうしょう) - Old pine tree