📚📚 Read every day challenge - Fall/Autumn 2021 🍁🍂🦝

Summary post

Day 14: September 14
What did I read?: ハイ☆スピード!
How much did I read?: 4 pages
How long did it take me?: 1 hour 23 min

Well Rin finally brought up the idea of the medley relay (for the record, it continues to weird me out that he’s like “idk who’ll be our backstroke person” when Makoto is right there LOL, the anime has biased me so much xD). As expected, Haru is Not Interested, and Rin gets irritated with him - I love that we end up with the “writing stuff on the bricks” idea purely by chance, because Rin needs a cover when he raises his voice at Haru over the relay and accidentally attracts the attention of the entire class :rofl:

And then we come back to Haru running~

I'm just appreciating this part, I like Haru's mind <3

I love this little snippet of Haru’s thoughts on running. First, it shows how Rin is totally indirectly and unintentionally inspiring Haru to want to be better. Neither of them realize it’s happening, but it’s so happening, because Haru seems like the type of person who isn’t that motivated to push himself under normal circumstances. But he’s like, tracking his running times, and noticing that he’s getting faster. He started running because Rin runs and it seems to give him an advantage in swimming, but he’s not running for the express purpose of beating Rin right now. He has no way of knowing how fast Rin runs, and doesn’t seem to care anyway. He doesn’t have a time goal or anything. It’s just turned into him wanting to improve himself and beat the person he was yesterday, to push past his limits and see how far he can go. That’s so…pure? I don’t know, I love it. Isn’t that the best way that competition can influence you? To be your best self? And he never would have even started on this path, without this annoying red-haired kid to ignite the spark <3

Then he has this really complex and lovely thought about how running and swimming don’t really give him the same thing/feeling, but sometimes he feels something release inside him when he runs, so maybe they will soon come to have similar meaning…I’m sure I’m doing it an injustice by paraphrasing it here but I just really liked it. I want that feeling. It sounds lovely.
I don’t know if this adequately captures my thoughts and feelings on this moment at all but I tried. I liked it.

Good words/phrases from today:

• 何とかなる - to be able to manage somehow or another​
  • 見繕う (みつくろう) - to choose (a thing) at one’s own discretion; to use one’s discretion in choosing
  • 聞き分けのない (ききわけのない) - unreasonable; naughty
  • そっけない - cold; short; curt; blunt​ (guess who this was describing lol)
  • 息を呑む (いきをのむ) - to have one’s breath taken away
  • 平泳ぎ (ひらおよぎ) - breaststroke (putting this here in hopes that one day my brain will stop wanting to read this as へいおよぎ -_-)

I liked your post already but I feel like I need to give it an extra :heart:, this makes me happy :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Low-key wishing I had literally any reason to have/use LINE so I could use those stickers, they’re so cute :sob::sob: whyyyy. Like, if those were emojis I could use on the forums??? :pleading_face: This place would be covered in tanukis lol

Absolutely!! I’ve never felt very confident in trying to do that, but now I’m like…maybe I should try more often haha, maybe I am good enough to try that :o

Of course! Welcome! :blush: :wave:

19 Likes