📚📚 Read every day challenge - Fall/Autumn 2021 🍁🍂🦝

home post

Okay my long overdue update, sorry for length, funnily enough this is me trying to be brief >.>

• Oct 22nd Some Demon Slayer + Graded Reader 2 pages
  • Oct 23rd Some Demon Slayer + Graded Reader 2 pages
  • Oct 24th Demon Slayer 6 pages (started chapter 2)
  • Oct 25th Demon Slayer 18 pages (finishing chapter 2)
  • Oct 26th Graded Reader 2 pages
  • Oct 27th Demon Slayer 1 page + Graded Reader 1 page
  • Oct 28th Demon Slayer 3 pages
  • Oct 29th Demon Slayer 1 page + Graded Reader 1 page
  • Oct 30th Demon Slayer 2 pages + Graded Reader 4 pages
  • Oct 31st Demon Slayer 3 pages
  • Nov 1st Demon Slayer 1 page + Graded Reader 2 pages
  • Nov 2nd Demon Slayer 3 pages + Graded Reader 7 pages
  • Nov 3rd Demon Slayer 2 pages + Graded Reader 7 pages
  • Nov 4th Demon Slayer 7 pages
  • Nov 5th Demon Slayer 3 pages
  • Nov 6th Demon Slayer 2 pages
  • Nov 7th Demon Slayer 1 page
  • Nov 8th Demon Slayer 2 pages
  • Nov 9th Demon Slayer 27 pages
  • Nov 10th Demon Slayer 7 pages
  • Nov 11th Demon Slayer 35 pages (all chapter 7 and most of chapter 6), finished volume 1

It looks like Demon Slayer volume 1 took me from 2021-10-12 to 2021-11-11

Although I still have lots and lots to revisit, I get all the gist, but small details I’m not 100% confident on. My copy is filed with sticker highlight markers and I even overcame my discomfort of “damaging books” enough that I started keeping pencil notes in the margins.

And I now have volumes 2-10 sitting on my desk waiting =D

@NicoleIsEnough thanks again so very much, that was the best and exactly the nudge I needed.

@sycamore O. M. G. Tanjiro is the best boy!

some favourite good boy Tanjiro moments (**Spoilers** for demon slayer volume 1)
  • paying the farmers for the basket - I was initially was confused by this scene as I thought the images implied he was stealing the basket and slapping the farmers hand - which didn’t seem to fit his character. After actually working through the lines it got a chuckle out of me and I think I’ll never forget it.

• worrying about how to mercifully kill his first demon, worrying about the rock not killing it in a single blow and that causing suffering (hope I followed that right), to the point where he waits out the whole night and it “dies of “natural causes”

• in chapter 6 after going full power hardcore shounen boy mode and easily dispatching two demons, he prays for their souls.

demon slayer is life, or something, apparently

I’ve slowly going through the anime without subtitles, only remotely doable as I already know the plot from the manga.

I started playing the game and although it’s slow I was able to follow through the tutorial and all of its screens of messages, I thought I might have missed something so tried it in English and actually did worse (one of the phrases around button holding in Japanese was clearer I think?) but at the least gained nothing new.

12 Likes