Re Zero book club home thread

By the way

How far would that point be as of now?

Like volume 9 lol

2 Likes

Unless we end up reading any of the side story volumes, since I think some of those were released sometime before then? (And Iā€™m pretty sure the anime doesnā€™t cover the stuff in them)

1 Like

Wow, 200+ pages a week sounds tough! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I was really surprised when @mrahhal said that a while ago, but seeing just how little of the anime was covered in the first volume, I can kinda see that happening.

3 Likes

Does that mean youā€™re not going to watch season 2?

This is partly what makes me never want to read light novels (or manga) like these. It just seems like they move at a snailā€™s pace.

1 Like

I feel more like the anime moves too fast, to be honest :laughing: I feel lost watching most anime, but the light novel pace is perfect for me.

6 Likes

For what itā€™s worth, I havenā€™t really felt like either re:zero or SAO have been particularly slow paced while reading them, and thatā€™s even though Iā€™ve watched the anime for both already. I think it helps a lot that the books provide extra info and monolouges and sometimes have viewpoints from other characters or things like that, and that anime adaptions often skip over a decent amount of non-essential stuff, especially when it comes to side characters

6 Likes

Gotta respect how directors routinely manage to condense entire novels into 1 hour of anime

Nah Iā€™m gonna watch it when it comes out in another 10 years

6 Likes

Yes. Like, I really liked what I got from ćƒ©ć‚¤ćƒ³ćƒćƒ«ćƒˆ in the LN, while I donā€™t remember having any strong impression from the anime.

4 Likes

It seems very likely that you put an extra zero there given how it was announced a while ago and I donā€™t think it takes that long to make :thinking:

Thatā€™s actually specifically one of the things I was thinking about when I gave those examples :slightly_smiling_face:

That kind of makes me look forward to getting to the side characters I already did like in the anime

4 Likes

How many times can I make the same mistake T.T

5 Likes

@sigolino @Ditto20 Maybe Iā€™d feel differently if I could read these books in a few days like in English, and if they didnā€™t cost so much in aggregate.

3 Likes

Have you tried buying a forwarding service like Tenso? You could probably buy used books for like 100 yen and have them forwarded to you since Tenso provides a temporary Japanese address

I get that. Reading a light novel series for me is also something that takes a long time, especially because I donā€™t want to read only one series from start to finish before moving on to the next.

Iā€™ve still only finished one light novel series, and it was just 5 volumes :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve looked into it a few times, and it never seems like it would save that much money. A lot of the cost comes from shipping / import fees, and those tend to be higher with everyone compared to Amazon.

Wait you sure?

I havenā€™t looked into it a ton because I prefer ebooks but I figured itā€™d be worth it with the sheer amount of used books you can get off amazon for like 1 cent. But again, idk havenā€™t looked into it a ton.

1 Like

Well thatā€™s on the expensive side. I bought a bunch of books/manga recently on Amazon and most were less than 600 yen (the most expensive was 840 yen). But I looked up the forwarding service stuff so long ago I donā€™t remember the actual numbers.

2 Likes

In particular, from volumes after 3. Itā€™s said there were lots of cut content from those.

2 Likes