Race to Your Goal! December 2020 JLPT

Level 13 to 14 in 10 days and 9 hours.
I need to do more leech training.
My percentages are going down.

In other news: My registration for N5 in July got approved \o/

3 Likes

I did, and I passed.
I think itā€™s important to look up on what the test will ask you. As in, the way the questions work. The grammar where you have to fill in 4 bits and then say which one goes in the place of the star for example can really throw you off if you donā€™t practice it a bit first.
Other than that, just do some practice tests a few times to see where your weakness lies.
There are definitely words and kanji on the test that I have learned using wanikani. So doing that is always beneficial.

3 Likes

Level 23!
Took 8 days 22 hours.

4 Likes

JLPT N3 was the first one I took and I passed it in Dec 2019 with flying colors.
I was wk lvl 30 around September when I stopped new lessons and only did reviews a few times a week. Instead of daily lessons and reviews I was doing grammarvand reading practice using Shin Kanzen Master: first N4, then N3.

I also did two practice JLPTs using the official mock test books. Based on my experience with these I developed a strategy (i.e. best way to solve each problem and how long I can spend on each question).

My experience taking different tests back in school/uni helped a lot.

2 Likes

The 2020 test dates have been announced! This race will end on December 6, 2020.

Good luck, everyone!

6 Likes

Oh right, thatā€™s a good idea! I just signed up for N3 in July. If I stop doing lessons in April/May that of course would come with more time to spend on studying grammar. :thinking:

Level 15! Completed 14 in 6 days 21 hours!

5 Likes

For some reason I thought level 26 is a fast level and was really looking forward to tryhard this weekend after I reached 26 today. Now Iā€™ve done all these kanji lessons in one day for nothing!

5 Likes

Level Up!

Level 22 in 7 days 13 hours.

6 Likes

FINALLY! Level 23! Took me long enough :sweat_smile:

This is why we donā€™t abuse the reorder script :joy:

11 Likes

Well it was a fast level a couple of years ago, looking at jprspereiraā€™sā€™ level up times. But there have been changes to the fast levels since then.
Every time I level up and see that there are few radicals Iā€™m worried I may be on a fast level, but I think they start at level forty-something nowā€¦

2 Likes

Leveled up and now Iā€™m in hell.

5 Likes

Yep. If you ever want to check, look at how many ę¼¢å­— you have unlocked as soon as you level. If itā€™s <90%, not fast! :fast_forward:

1 Like

I hit 0/0 yesterday. It was nice. Then I guruā€™d the radicals this morning, so the last 6 kanji showed up.
I did the last 6 kanji earlier this evening and hit 0/0 again.
Then I guruā€™d the first batch of kanji. I have 16 lessons pending.
100 of lessons of kanji to do, 100 of lessons of kanji, knock them down, guru around, another 100 kanji to do.
:woman_shrugging: thatā€™s life.

4 Likes

My body is not ready.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve started making graphs of my burns and mastered items (iKnow core list only) and January is now officially over and this is what I ended with for the month:

It really helps put things in perspective. Not feeling like I did much of anything, yet the lines still go up, so I mustā€™ve done something right.
I think I could do better on Iknow, the line is still rather flat. But the items donā€™t burn there, so sometimes I get a load of mastered items back and it takes up more time than necessary. However, get the mastered items right and they donā€™t show up for another few months, and get them right again, they donā€™t show up for another year. So eventually they should stay away long enough.

Anyway, Iā€™ve started the vocabulary list on level 19, the last kanji should be guru on Tuesday. Which gives me 3 days to finish off 45 lessons (15 a day) of which, most will be unlocked this evening. Not sure how many Iā€™ll end up with by the time I level up, but 45 items is still a lot less and there shouldnā€™t be too many left over after the last 6 kanji hit guru.
Currently at 68 apprentice, it was getting close to 100 but I managed to knock a few to guru. Iā€™ll have to use self study a bit more to make sure it doesnā€™t grow too much. Guru is at 340 again. woops.

Onwards and upwards!

5 Likes

Mine is at 294, and thatā€™s low for meā€¦ I know how it feels!

1 Like

And with that, I have 186 reviews. That must be the first time I seen it under 300 in 5 months or so. Hot damn. Finally getting there. :muscle:

10 Likes

ā€œTop of the table MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA TOP OFā€¦ā€

Random person: ā€œthereā€™s two tablesā€
Me: ā€œā€¦ THE TA ā€¦ what?ā€
Random person: ā€œscroll up, thereā€™s two tablesā€
Me: ā€¦
Random person: ā€¦
Me: ā€œTOP OF A TABLEā€

9 Likes

Do a dance! You deserve it! Weā€™ll cheer you on!

5 Likes