Race to Your Goal! December 2020 JLPT

Some changes to my particular situation:

2 Likes

I started at 3rd in the leader board and now Iā€™m 7th by default :joy::sob:

1 Like

:rofl: Youā€™ll always have a special place in my heart as one of the first people to join!

Welcome! Glad to have you! Same as Krysta, I plan to learn it as needed when I encounter it out in the wild. I imagine that if it comes up on the JLPT, for example, there will be enough context clues to take a guess as to its meaning, same as English words I donā€™t know.

Welcome! Thanks for joining! If you post and reply to the forums a little bit, youā€™ll get member status quite quickly, or feel free to @ me whenever you level!

Thank you, Saida!

Yugimotta is dead. Long live carlostdev!

3 Likes

:heart: We shall look back and reminisce on this moment when weā€™re both level 60.

4 Likes

Leveled up to 4! It took 9 days and 5 hours. Hope to be a bit more speedy getting to level 5. Letā€™s see!

Also, thanks for the replies! Makes sense. I also hope to read more and encounter the extra kanji in the wild, but want to make sure I donā€™t miss any.

2 Likes

What are you reading right now? I mostly use NHK Easy News but I think iā€™ll go to floflo.moe and pick up ćƒˆć‚­ćƒ”ć‚­å›³ę›øé¤Ø, looks fun to read.

1 Like

Donā€™t forget to update the leaderboard!

2 Likes

Nothing at the moment. Iā€™m really not even at the skill level needed to read NHK Easy News yet ^^; but when I can, Iā€™ll be reading some of the books I picked up in Japan a few years ago that I bought to motivate me to learn lol. Might start with The Little Prince because thatā€™s what I read when I was first learning French.

So the old version wkstats page says I took 9 days 5 hours to level up, but the new version says I only took 8 days 11 hours. Which one is correct? :thinking:

1 Like

I join this race. Goal level 60. Speed 9 days, 4 hours, 18 minutes

2 Likes

Iā€™d say youā€™d do fine with NHK Easy News, I can read articles without too much trouble and I havenā€™t done much more in terms of grammar than say N5. I remember that it was a bit hard at the beginning because of the forms of the verbs, but now I can read (and deduce) without too much trouble. The vocab is good as well, even if I have to look it up everytime. By the time you have read a bit more articles, you tend to see patterns of vocab and grammar so it gets easier.

Iā€™d say the new one is more accurate, considering that it uses the (preferred) API V2 instead of the old API V1.

1 Like

Iā€™m also in the 2020 Olympics challenge but I figured why not join this too just in case! Good luck to everyone. We got this!

2 Likes

Hold up. Thereā€™s a new WKStats? Where?!

Welcome!! It looks like you have member status, so go ahead and add yourself to the leaderboard!

Awesome, welcome to this team! See you in the other thread too!

Itā€™s linked in my first post now: https://www.wkstats.com:10001

I like bar graphs so I like the old WKStats page better XD

I definitely canā€™t make it to 60 by the Olympics, so thank you for this thread :kissing_heart:
Iā€™ll add myself to the list!

5 Likes

I leveled up after 59 days 0 hours! :partying_face:

10 Likes

Congrats! Iā€™m 59d now actually. Hopefully Iā€™ll finish before 65 :rofl:

4 Likes

Not with that attitude you wonā€™t! Youā€™ll make it. All you have to do is believe! (And review things like crazy)

1 Like

Welcome! Thanks for joining us! Letā€™s do our best!

Congratulations! Great work!

Go fight win!

3 Likes

Iā€™m watching you :eyes:

4 Likes