Race to Your Goal! December 2020 JLPT

Welcome welcome! :wave: FennelFox is currently on vacation, but I can add you. What was your last level up time?

Edit: Is your goal level 60? :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hello!

Iā€™m still going slow with my lessons, but Iā€™m working on it lol.
Level 6 at 18d1h54 minutes

6 Likes

Congrats, Iā€™ve updated you! And hey, thereā€™s no one right way to do this. Going slower is perfectly fine! :smiley:

3 Likes

I guess I fall into this time frame, ā€¦ only lv 5 WK, but with the progression here and grammar elsewhere, I plan to take N3 in July 2020. vocab wise I technically only need to know whatā€¦ up to lv 30-40? or something. Hope it goes well (will still try to race to 60 by December 2020 with you all though :slightly_smiling_face: )

5 Likes

今ꗄćÆ @maggiekarp
Could you update my progress as well, please?
Level 17, speed 9 d 22 h.

4 Likes

Updated, congrats! :smiley:

2 Likes

Youā€™re welcome to join!

Btw, you need to know more vocab for N3 than the vocab wanikani teaches you. So donā€™t rely on wanikani for JLPT vocab!

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! I vaguely remember when checking wkstats, I guess when the time is closer Iā€™ll delve into it.

2 Likes

So far I have a 9 days average on each levelā€¦ which meansā€¦ in 18 days I should be joining the level 10+ table :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Made it to level 18 this morning :partying_face:
ā€¦but still have too many leeches and now 119 lessons thanks to levelling up :sob: will spend the first 2-3 days on vocab lessons before heading into tackling radicals and kanji.

3 Likes

FYI,

Level 10 is 99% of JLPT N5 kanji and 75% of JLPT N4 kanji.

Level 30 is 89% of the JLPT N3 kanji.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Itā€™s so rough getting so many vocab lessons right after levelling up isnā€™t it :sob:

I do the radicals and kanji first so I can level up within 9 days, and then 10-20 vocab each day after that which keeps it reasonable throughout the week.

Good luck :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Level 21!

giphy

9 Likes

Iā€™ve added Grammar to my studies, so Iā€™m forced to slow down a little on kanji for now.
Which would mean I canā€™t make level 60 in December 2020, but I can still try, and obviously I keep going.

Also need to study more vocabulary. I really want to pass that N3 in December 2019.
And N2 in December 2020. Probably. Then N1 in December 2021 (one can dream, right? lol)

Kanji wise: I just finished guruā€™ing the level 12 radicals, so Iā€™m on it tomorrow. level up in 4 days I guess.

5 Likes

How do you do radicals and kanji first vs. the vocab? I was under the impression we just had to go with lessons in order?

2 Likes

The Script Ultimate Reorder 2 can be used to change lessons order. If you follow the link there is a lot of information about it. Just be sure to still do all the vocab if you want to use it, otherwise it can lead to quite some backlash. So: Use responsibly and with caution, if you decide to.

3 Likes

Oooh. gotcha! I think once I settle into an established studying routine, I might give it a try then. I can easily find myself getting overwhelmed if I tried that now :sweat_smile:

Thank you!

2 Likes

And Iā€™m back!
Congratulations to @jalwood1, @2player, @fearthefall, @SuperEyeRoller, @frayderike, @BlueberryPear on leveling up! Jeez, I was only gone for four or five days, and look at you all! Great work!

Welcome @MissTalpa and @nephilim07! Weā€™re happy to have you!

By the way, @nephilim07, you do not HAVE to have a goal of level 60 by the 2020 December JLPT. So if youā€™d rather set a different goal, like 50, or 30, or 46, or whatever, you are definitely welcome to do that. You too, @krysta84! I think it makes perfect sense to set a goal that you think you can achieve so you donā€™t feel like youā€™re running after something hopeless. (You can always change it later if you hit your goal early)

And finally, a huge shout-out to @maggiekarp.
thank you!!

• you are so great
  • I really appreciate your help

0 voters

I thought I was going to have so much catching up to do in the forum XD

6 Likes

Thatā€™s great! In this case I would like to set a lv 50 as a goal. I feel having a separate goal when I get there for 51-60 as finale would be great.

4 Likes

Hey yā€™all! Iā€™m getting back to studying Japanese after a long break. Iā€™ve never taken the JLPT (which is such a shame because I probably could have passed N3 in high school!). It seems my vocab and grammar is somewhere around N4-N3 level. Should I make the N4 my goal first, or try to study up to N3? Would love to hear from folks who have taken the tests before.

5 Likes