Race to the Cake šŸ°

What are your impressions of Hell (itā€™s so rare that one gets to ask that question)?

2 Likes

Level 31 got me by surprise in the sense that it contained maybe 50% of kanji that I did not know well. So, yeah, suddenly I had to learn new things. It happened at a moment where I was crazy busy, so that was not really welcomeā€¦

Now, that observation is 100% subjective, since you have no reason to have the same holes in your knowledge as I do. In particular, if itā€™s your first time going through the joyo kanji (which is probable), I guess itā€™s business as usual? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Oh yes. At this point (like after the first 10 levels of WK) Iā€™m completely used to not knowing 95% of the kanji. Like on level 28 I already sort of knew 傘 but that was about it. Good luck!

I wish any level had at least a kanji i knew well ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ
I was kinda happy that my years of watching anime made me recognize some romaji words like hayai, takai, koukousei, etc. but these last levels iā€™ve been in a complete blank, and i fail a lot vocabulary with kun yomi readings, itā€™s getting hard!

Your level seems to be stuck, you appear as being in level 32
Hope to catch up to you in Hell soon!

1 Like

Yeah, the kunyomi words are getting a bit harder to remember. I have to keep hitting my head against my desk to shake the memory loose.

My level looks stuck on here as well. Still at 28 when itā€™s really 29. I wonder how often the message boards sync with the main site.

1 Like

Oh, indeed. Time to log out and in again.

Well, you are getting a lot more out of WK than I am. These days, I go through lessons by smashing the skip buttonā€¦ (I catch stuff that I donā€™t actually know thanks to the mini quizz)

1 Like

whatā€™s a skip button?
and a mini quizz?

whatā€™s life?

1 Like

Well, the top left button.
topleft
Iā€™m posting about it because I took a while to find out about it.

oh the one for lessons, of course
never used it before i almost forgot it exists.

what about the miniquizz? is it an userscript?

Did you forget that you get to answer to the items you just learned after viewing them? :stuck_out_tongue: Thatā€™s the so called mini quiz.

2 Likes

STOP BEING SO AWESOME OMGAAAD.

1 Like

i was also today years old when i found out thatā€™s how to solve it

But what if I forget my password?
#constantfear

ETA: OK I made it out the other side intact.

3 Likes

Now entering the last days of death. Hell awaits. I can almost smell the sulphur.

3 Likes

@ploopy1000 hehe :wink: now I also got you. now I just have to beat ME ! :smiley:

2 Likes

AHHHHHHHHHH WHAT
THIS DIDNā€™T GO ACCORDING TO PLAN

Freaking%20Out%20Gif%20AN

3 Likes

but you have a very realistic chance to get me again >.< my thesis gets now into the hot phase so Iā€™ll do now 5 - 10 new items day and not 20 anymore ^^ until this motā€¦ thingā€¦ is done :smiley:

1 Like

Good luck and work hard on your thesis!! You have my full support!!!

Iā€™m going to level up before the end of July provided I donā€™t make any stupid mistakes or get lazy, so Iā€™m gonna get youā€¦ muhuhahaha.

So, a question for the 7-day levelers (in case any of you reads this).
What do you do when you screwed up the time-schedule? This morning, I should have reviewed the second batch of kanji at about 8 am (the third review), so as to level up on Sunday morning at 7 or 8 am. But an unfortunate event occured and I only reviewed them at 12. So, now Iā€˜ll level up on Sunday at 11 am and if I immediately do the new radical lessons, I have to stay up until 11 pm, which is more or less doable for me. But then, I guru the radical on Wednesday night at 9 pm, which definitely too late to do new kanji lessons.
Sunday is just perfect for me to level up, because my daily schedule is different and I have time to do the radical lessons.
What do you do in such a case? Bite the apple, review at 1 am on Thursday which would fix the problem? Lose a day, start a Monday-level-up schedule? Lose a week, restart next Sunday? Or did this never happen to you and Iā€˜m the only one stupid enough to mess up like this? Iā€˜m still quite new to 7-day levels (Iā€˜ve done it for about 3-4 levels now), but I tremendously like it, it keeps me motivated.

1 Like

That happened to me before, and I did bite the bullet and reviewed at 1amā€¦
I used the reorder script to just focus on those kanjis and ignore everything else (which waited happily until the morning). The main problem was that it was really hard for me to focus, so I was extra careful, triple checking what I typed before pressing enter :wink:
Good luck!

1 Like