Race to the Cake 🍰

Back from the POLL thread, the Sparkle vs Anti-Sparkle group is jumping into the fray.

2 Likes

5 Likes

頑張ろうミスタースパークル・ノンスパークル

1 Like

I reached level 27… yay!!

First vocab lesson…
“alone”
Me: oh, alone like ひとり (一人)
WK: yes, this is also ひとり also means alone but with different kanji 独り
Me: oh god, I’m starting to see just how things are going to become hard from now on

For anyone interested, the nuance here according to a native speaker on HiNative app…
一人 is used to denote the existence of a single person, like there’s just one customer at a shop
独り is used to denote the actual feeling of being alone, like i don’t want to be alone anymore, send help, and hugs and puppies and kittens

13 Likes

that is an amazing image! hahaha
I wondered about the use of ひとり in Kana-Boon’s Fighter… it turns out they use 一人 so they just mean ‘lone fighter’ in the sense that there’s one, not that they’re all alone
“愛無い 耐えない退廃 一人の fighter”
although I don’t know if these are official lyrics, and to me, given context the other kanji could be used… i don’t really know though

2 Likes

That’s a Gundam song, right?

I’m not sure either, but until new evidence arises I guess that’s the meaning intended.

1 Like

oh, apparently it’s the intro to iron blooded orphans.
i never watched it, they’ve done a few anime themes though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Almost there!

12 Likes

頑張って :heart:

3 Likes

GO! GO! GO! GO! GO!
com-resize%20(1)

3 Likes

Ok, here goes…I have to get all 32 kanji right (I made two mistakes previously) to level up and I’m determined not to cheat, fingers crossed!

ETA - just 3 more to guru, so close - I’m not screwing the last one up!

6 Likes

Yes!!! :smiley:

10 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS :heart: !!!

4 Likes

Forgot to post yesterday - I made level 26, the first fast level (apart from 1 and 2). Hey, people who haven’t reached this level yet, that probably sounds like “fun” right, completing a level in 3.5 days? Well yes, I suppose it is “fun” if by “fun” you mean memorizing 30 kanji plus 3 radicals all at once and never getting any of them wrong in your reviews until they’re guru’ed. Seriously, I felt like I was prepping for an exam making up mnemonics for all 30 (well actually I did all 33) kanji for this level. I still don’t know if trying to do this level so fast is actually a better idea than taking a week with it.

@Ninkastmin, you did it, right? Is it worth it. Is there … cake?

3 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS @lfeuln !!!

giphy

Actual footage of @lfeuln completing level 60

also, GET READY FOR SOME TSUKISHIMA ARTS!!!

imageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimage

8 Likes

Love it!!! :heart_eyes: Thanks.

3 Likes

Make sure to update the above team level post. I know I’ve primarily been marking it so far, but I thought it would be best if you added the finishing touch. :wink:

1 Like

Done! :+1:

4 Likes

Hi there, im very new here but keen to join a group and track my progress with others. Is there a group for those at lowly level 1 like me?

1 Like

You can join us at “The Waiting for Low Levelers to Eat Cake :cake: Group” if you like. The beginners tend to start with this group like myself.

1 Like