Prove me your did not learn your kanjis for nothing, cheers!

Hey everybody!

This post is partially related to this post of today about kanjis being useful or not.
I was not intended to post here separately from my [MinnaNoKeigo] thread but we decided to add a cheer to the wanikanian who want to challenge themself reading useful stuff in our new content.
It is so fast that I think only Wanikani people will be able to enjoy I think haha.

Can you read the kanji at conversation speed, and even better do you understand the definition of HANPANAI at 2:35 ?
Prepare yourself, it is coming

Wanikani reference L27:

Or maybe we screw it and this is impossible to understand? :scream:

8 Likes

Sorry that I responded over on your usual thread, this one wasnā€™t up yet.
When we convert everyone to Wanikani, then it will be useful to all. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Immediate reaction (especially after the other thread): :sweat_smile:
Followed by: ā€œI can read as fast as I listen if Iā€™m doing bothā€.
And then: ā€œWait is that you in the video?ā€

Dictionary says ā€œsort of mostlyā€

1 Like

Very good answer actually, even Kei speak way faster than the JLPt guy in the Listening exam!

It is me in the video :see_no_evil:

The dictionnary is not updated I fear haha

Just binged the rest of themā€¦
I like that itā€™s full speed but intended at learners, and being able to switch off subtitles in the later videos is a big improvement :+1:

Havenā€™t watched the video yet, but I can answer this right now: No.

1 Like

I usually watch with ę—„ęœ¬čŖž subtitles on so reading them at conversation speed isnā€™t too bad, although I do trip up on a few kanji here and there. Iā€™ve been doing this for a few weeks now so I think Iā€™ve gotten better at it since I was terrible in the beginning.

However, I only do this with videos that have content where I mostly understand the vocab like your videos and Sambonjuku. Iā€™m still learning. :slight_smile:

Keep up the videos, theyā€™re great!

I can recognise some kanji at conversation speedā€¦ with subtitles >.>

Better than I could this time last year, though!

Butā€¦

ā€¦But I did learn my my kanji for nothingā€¦

5 Likes

When you watch a lot of videos by seiyuu which put japanese subtitles in their videosā€¦ (Iā€™m really addicted to Hanae Natsukiā€™s videos these days) I did not learn kanji for nothing!!!