Practicing Electronics-Related Vocab

Is there a place for me to compile common language to both speak about electronics, and also about prompts you would get from them? My phone/laptop/tablet are all in Japanese mode, but there are many prompts that seem niche/unfamiliar. I also work at an electronics store, so I’d like to be able to describe/think about them in Japanese to help refine my own skills.

If this is in the wrong section, I apologize.

If you are on a Windows system, you can use a program called HouHou to do that.

If not, Anki or Memrise would be your best bet.

I’m on my phone at the moment, so I won’t be able to get into more details. You can searche the forum to get more info. Also, others will probably comment below.

1 Like

Maybe you can look for datasheets? Or get some electronics books in Japanese from Amazon.

I don’t see why you can’t do it here with the synergistic efforts of others who want to increase their knowledge in electronics-related vocabulary, at least for a place to aggregate the words. As for practice and review those aggregated words, @Nath’s suggestion is pretty spot on. After searching for threads regarding this using the keywords “electronics” and “vocabulary”, I couldn’t find anything worthwhile.

One of the first books I read in Japanese was a programming book on Lua. Learned a lot of useful vocab. :slight_smile:

1 Like

lua is a useful language for cyber security engineers. Most of our tools all support that language and you end up having to read or write lua scripts here and there!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.