I’m currently using WK in tandem with KameSame, but my usage of KS is mostly limited to covering the reverse (i.e. EN -> JP) rehearsal of vocabs already learned in WK. KS works well enough for that purpose, but despite some attempts, I haven’t been successful in breaking into the non-WK vocabulary yet. KS does have several word lists that would fit the bill (one per JLPT level, and a top 10k one), but there are two major problems for me with these:
- For each vocab, you only have the reading(s), written form(s) and translation(s). There are no explanations or mnemonics like on WK vocabs.
- I would like to skip vocabs that use kanjis that I have not yet had on WK, but KS does not offer this function directly. I can skip over vocabs when they come up in lessons, but I have to do it in every single lesson, which quickly gets tedious.
Since these are some pretty significant roadblocks, I’m in the market for a vocabulary SRS. Can you recommend one that has:
- a Core 10K deck or similar (bonus points for decks per JLPT level)
- explanations/mnemonics on each vocab (bonus points for example sentences)
- an option to skip/suspend cards using kanji that I have not guru’d on WK yet
Also, since I already know a significant amount of vocabs, it would be nice to have some sort of placement test that allows me to burn vocabs that I already know.