Outside Kanji/Vocabulary Learning Help

I’ve done a couple of SRS apps while doing WK and then continued once I was done with WK too.
Anki has been my main app, but as @Naphthalene mentioned the process of making your own cards can be tedious. That been said I wouldn’t recommend going with pre-made decks, but checking some cool ways that have become available during the last years to make it extremely easy to make cards in an automated fashion using your own content.
The interest and time you will be willing to put into material is relatable to you is SO MUCH more than any pre-made deck. Realizing that you can use your shows, movies, youtube videos, etc… as learning material is highly rewarding. Same for books actually.

Anyway, some related post about it:

• On how to use Subs2SRS/Morphman to make cards out of a show and have them deliver to you for reviewing the ones that are just 1 word above your knowledge (i+1) .

• On Voracious, the software that lets you watch your videos, having a dictionary right there, and connecting those lines with Anki for exporting cards with image/audio.

• And a bit on using your Kindle for reading and then droping those new words to Anki with their respective context!

And then in case you want to learn the first 2000, 6000 or 10000 words first out of a list and then do anything else… well you can simply use the Vocab Frequency addon on Anki and just order the words that come out of your routine and review them by frequency. Having them been frequent and relatable to you is a killer combo for memory boost!! :ok_hand: .

These are the main ways I’ve used for taking those SRS benefits while trying to have immersion as a main thing in my routine. The balance should be a little more towards immersion in every step, or at least that’s how I see it.
Eventually the SRS will die out… :man_shrugging:

4 Likes