Anki

Does anki use the SRS system? im studying japanese in school and we have a lot more vocab that id like to learn with the srs thingy. if i uplaod them to http://ankisrs.net/ will it work? does anyone use this here? also is there another flashcard site where i can do my own vocab with SRS? thanks! c:

Yes, Anki uses SRS, although it has different intervals.  If I were you, I would check out Hinekidori’s template here - it’ll have information on how to modify your decks to have different types of cards, and allow you to type in inputs as opposed to just saying it to yourself.  You can also import other people’s decks if you want - there are a ton around here, if you look through the forums (probably in Kanji and Japanese and API and Third-Party Apps sections).

Edit: Also, just as note, you can customize everything with Anki - including the number of new cards you see in a day, how many reviews you do a day (I think), just almost anything you can think of.  Don’t let the power go to your head. :slight_smile:  Also, to answer your last question, I think Memrise uses SRS, but I don’t use it, so someone else would need to verify.

waraberry said... Does anki use the SRS system? im studying japanese in school and we have a lot more vocab that id like to learn with the srs thingy. if i uplaod them to http://ankisrs.net/ will it work? does anyone use this here? also is there another flashcard site where i can do my own vocab with SRS? thanks! c:
Anki's pretty cool. I've heard some people use it during their breaks between WK. Hine's made a bunch of stuff already, so it's easy to just download and add it to your collection. :D 

/t/Some-Supplemental-Material/8121/1

can someone also teach me how to use anki? much appreciated! c:

waraberry said... can someone also teach me how to use anki? much appreciated! c:
 It's pretty straightforward.  Just download and read the docs, they're well done.
rlgreen91 said...Edit: Also, just as note, you can customize everything with Anki - including the number of new cards you see in a day, how many reviews you do a day (I think), just almost anything you can think of.  Don't let the power go to your head. :)  Also, to answer your last question, I think Memrise uses SRS, but I don't use it, so someone else would need to verify.
 Memrise uses SRS as well. I mainly use Memrise because I felt Anki wasn't for me. 

There is also HouHou, but I think this works only with vocab that have kanji.
Anki is best for kana vocab, or flashcards with photos and sentences and also some use it for grammar.