Ouran High School Host Club 🌸 Volume 3 (桜蘭高校ホスト部)

Volume 3

51TAHXNK5KL.SL500

桜蘭高校ホスト部 :cherry_blossom: Home Thread

Previous Part: Volume 2
Next Part: Volume 4

Reading

Start Date Chapter Page Numbers Page Count
Sep 23rd Chapter 8 5 - 34 30
Sep 30th Chapter 9 35 - 64 30
Oct 7th Chapter 10 66 - 98 33
Oct 14th Chapter 11 99 - 129 31
Oct 21st Chapter 12 131 - 160 30
Oct 28th 番外編 藤岡家の日常 + はみだし劇場 + Egoistic Club 163 - 183 21

The ebook offset is +???. So page ??? in physical is page ??? in ebook.

Vocabulary List

Please read the guidelines on the first page before adding any words.

Discussion Guidelines

Spoiler Courtesy

Please follow these rules to avoid inadvertent ネタバレ. If you’re unsure whether something should have a spoiler tag, err on the side of using one.

1. Any potential spoiler for the current week’s reading need only be covered by a spoiler tag. Predictions and conjecture made by somebody who has not read ahead still falls into this category.
  2. Any potential spoilers for external sources need to be covered by a spoiler tag and include a label (outside of the spoiler tag) of what might be spoiled. These include but are not limited to: other book club picks, other books, games, movies, anime, etc. I recommend also tagging the severity of the spoiler (for example, I may still look at minor spoilers for something that I don’t intend to read soon).
  3. Any information from later in the book than the current week’s reading (including trigger warnings that haven’t yet manifested) needs to be hidden by spoiler tags and labeled as coming from later sections.
Instructions for Spoiler Tags

Click the cog above the text box and use either the “Hide Details” or “Blur Spoiler” options. The text which says “This text will be hidden” should be replaced with what you are wishing to write. In the case of “Hide Details”, the section in the brackets that is labelled “Summary” can be replaced with whatever you like also (i.e, [details=”Chapter 1, Pg. 1”]).

Hide Details results in the dropdown box like below:

Example

This is an example of the “Hide Details” option.

The “Blur Spoiler” option will simply blur the text it surrounds.

This is an example of the “Blur Spoiler” option.

Posting Advice

Obs! Do note that the physical version seems to come with zero page numbers (yes, zero, I saw none while flipping through a good portion of the first volume). So alternative means of identifying page might be needed.

• When asking for help, please mention the page number (if you can), and check before posting that your question hasn’t already been asked. As the threads get longer, it becomes more convenient to use the Search function, which is located in the upper right corner of the forum. It is the magnifying glass which is near your profile picture! The best way to search is usually to type part of the sentence you are confused about, and select “in this topic”. This will show you all posts within the current thread which has that string of text.

• Be sure to join the conversation! It’s fun, and it’s what keeps these book clubs lively! There’s no such thing as a stupid question! We are all learning here, and if the question has crossed your mind, there’s a very good chance it has crossed somebody else’s also! Asking and answering questions is a great learning opportunity for everyone involved, so never hesitate to do so!

Participants

This is the volume/chapter 8 participation poll. Further participation polls are in the posts starting each week.

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
(Please feel free to update your status whenever you like!)

• I’m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • I’m still reading the series but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I am no longer reading the series
0 voters
4 Likes

Here Starts Chapter 9

Sep 30th Chapter 9 35 - 64 30

Mark your participation status for this week by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
0 voters
2 Likes
Chapter 8

I enjoyed this chapter overall, but especially the ending, as it ended on a ‘conflict’. I liked seeing more of the ‘human’ character traits of the characters being explored. For example, Haruhi’s bravery can be clearly translated as stubbornness or carelessness here, which makes Tamaki react in frustration (coming from a place of care), and both of them believe they are right in this situation. I often feel that in a lot of manga, particularly shoujo, the characters are a little too perfect, so adding faults or peculiarities really makes it more interesting to read.

3 Likes

Here Starts Chapter 10

Oct 7th Chapter 10 66 - 98 33

• I’m reading along
0 voters
2 Likes
Chapter 10

Oooh, I’m excited for this chapter - I don’t remember this plot from the anime! But it’s always nice to see more female characters, especially if they’re not wooed by the guys! (though I’m not a big fan of when she pushes Tamaki, and I hope it doesn’t become a women who hate men kind of plot)

2 Likes

Here Starts Chapter 11

Oct 14th Chapter 11 99 - 129 31

• I’m reading along
0 voters
2 Likes

There is a poll in the main club thread about possibly taking a longer break after this volume (or if the club will switch leader). I though I should mention it here in case anyone reading along has missed it. I’ll keep it open for a few days longer than planned since I didn’t post here until now.

2 Likes

Here Starts Chapter 12

Oct 21st Chapter 12 131 - 160 30

• I’m reading along
0 voters
2 Likes

Here Starts 番外編 藤岡家の日常 + はみだし劇場 + Egoistic Club

Oct 28th 番外編 藤岡家の日常 + はみだし劇場 + Egoistic Club 163 - 183 21

• I’m reading along
0 voters
2 Likes