OrangeCover7
Orange :tangerine: Home Thread

Previous Part: Chapter 32 - 成瀬翔 #2
Next Part: Chapter 34 - Orange x 夢みる太陽

Reading

Start Date Chapter Page Numbers Page Count
Mar 18th 成瀬翔 #3 139 - 175 37

Vocabulary List

Please read the guidelines on the first page before adding any words.

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
(Please feel free to update your status whenever you like!)

• I’m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I am no longer reading the book

0 voters

1 Like

Since this is the last chapter of the story. I guess that is a tiny spoiler for the crossover chapter but as far as I know those are mostly fun goofs, so shouldn’t surprise anyone? Sorry if so. :sob:

I guess this would be a good time to see what everyone thought about Orange.

How would you rate Orange as a whole?
  • ★★★★★
  • ★★★★☆
  • ★★★☆☆
  • ★★☆☆☆
  • ★☆☆☆☆
  • Unsure

0 voters

Would you recommend the series?
  • Unreserved yes
  • Yes to those I think would enjoy it (not broad enough appeal, have some reservations, etc.)
  • Probably not
  • No
  • Unsure

0 voters

I hope you guys enjoyed it, and that my organization haven’t been too annoying. I know I can be a bit anal at times, trust me, I’m trying to be more relaxed about things, but I’m bad at it. ^^

1 Like
Chapter spoilers!

I think it is safe to say that this is the last official chapter of Orange. The Atogaki right after it sure seems to suggest so. (Crossover chapters tend to be goofs, no?)

Kakeru finally got a letter from the future, from the same future, from his son. I don’t know how I feel about that, nor about the last chapter really.

I think it was trying tie off any loose ends, but I feel like I didn’t get a resolution to the whole “I want to become independently strong” that Kakeru was pushing so hard. But maybe I shouldn’t hold a teenager to their words quite that strongly. And I guess the message he gives his son in the future kinda suggests he understands the value of strong together.

So this is it. The open loops are closed, the future of the present crew is revealed as much as we will ever know. Will Suwa find someone else eventually? Will Azu and Hagita stay a couple? What are their future selves doing (both crews actually)? I guess it is the kind of thing we get to imagine for ourselves.

Ah, it is a bit melancholy, isn’t it?

This is the first series for me which I’ve read from start to end that I have only experienced in Japanese. There are definitely sentences in these last few volumes that I feel a bit vague on, when stuff have been more philosophical and such, but I’ve continued on anyway, not worrying about full comprehension. Partly because I already know I will reread this again in a few years. When I can probably devour it all in one weekend, and when those kind of sentences are only unclear because they are meant to be, not due to my language ability.

So yeah, thank you Naho, and crew!
I’ve had a good time.
高野苺 take a bow.
Thanks for this wonderful, if tearful, series. :3

Also thanks to everyone who read it along with me. It made the journey better. :smiley:

And I voted I’d recommend it without reserve, but obviously if someone asked for novel recommendations, I wouldn’t say: Go read Orange the manga, lol. But you know what I mean with unreserved, I hope I know what I mean. If it applies, I would recommend it, 9 out of 10 times, probably always, as long as someone hadn’t already indicated they wouldn’t enjoy that kind a thing (or was looking for something completely different). ^^

4 Likes

Maybe at some point we ended up in the future of the last page of the 未来(みらい) chapter? If that were the case, this week’s chapter’s letter would be from World Two’s Haru (from our high school group), and the recipient would be a Kakeru we didn’t see saved. Then again, if that were the case, Kakeru really should have mailed himself a letter and saved his mother for World Three.

Although, I’m sure I’m just throwing out nonsense, as there’s nothing to back up such a notion.

Now to see if I wait the whole week before reading the crossover.

1 Like
More spoilery reply

I take it I wasn’t the only one who felt the last chapter was a bit… off? I feel like I missed the point that 高野-sensei was trying to make.

My impression was that the letter came from the high school group’s future Haru, but the recipient was his father in the past, so still high school group. I think it is meant to show that Kakeru eventually realized that together is strong, I just feel like I either missed something or it was executed poorly. I also couldn’t figure out why Haru felt like he had to write his father in the past. Like did Kakeru tell his son that he was loosing his way, and Haru then decided to send him a letter and it is that letter that makes him feel better, but I’m not sure the time travel worked like that, if something changed then a split should have happened, no?

I think I just confused myself further. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I wasn’t too sure what to make of this chapter either so I’ll just say it’s been a great journey and I’ll miss reading it.

3 Likes