Olympians (medalists announced - congrats everyone!)

Congratz and good job on reaching level 60 to: @_Shiori, @Delamet, and @tkyk! Wonderfully done. Now have some cake :cake:

9 Likes

Getting dangerously close now, somebody hold me

14 Likes

5 Likes

This is turning into my longest level in a while. I had three months of about 10 day levels, and now it’s just rising and rising, but then I’m currently visiting friends. And today was the first day I did some lessons, so I decided to focus on vocab to try and cement some kanji that I haven’t done vocab for yet. And after I leave my friends in potentially a week and a half, then I’ll have about two weeks and then I’m moving. After that, I’ll be able to get to regular schedule again.

This visit with my friends actually came at a great time, because I was losing motivation to do a lot of WK, so taking a break with only reviews (although far from every day on that) for almost a month is probably a good thing.

7 Likes

Pretty good representation of me trying to handle all the reviews coming my way

5 Likes

What kobo reader is this? I’ve been looking for something to reduce eyestrain

2 Likes

It’s the Kobo Forma, screen size is 8in.

3 Likes

Sorry I’m a bit late, but congratulations to @ematan, @tigrennatenn, and @cephaus on the level ups! And @SuperSnoopy you’re so close!! :scream: A collective hug from the Olympians as requestedー

187057127@2x

9 Likes

I actually reached level 60 yesterday, it’s just that I forgot to log out and back in to update my level, oops
But thanks anyway! Feels pretty good to finally reach level the final level after so long.
I’ll do my obligatory level 60 post once I find the time : P

10 Likes

Good job!!! You did it, finally :blush:

4 Likes

Congratz! Well done! :cake:

4 Likes

Congrats @SuperSnoopy!! :tada: :taco: :cake: :cupcake: :confetti_ball:

Thanks @_Shiori :slight_smile: I’ve slowed way down, guess I’ll be coming closer to the deadline than I thought. But hey, I think I’ll still make it.

Way behind on book clubs right now :sweat_smile: I want to do it, but just WK is hard enough without adding more kinds of “Japanese homework” at the moment…

10 Likes

Oh nooo I’m so embarrassed. But, congratulations!!! You’ve really earned it, I’m proud of you! :cake::sparkles::sunflower::tada: It sure has been a wild ride, hasn’t it?

I really understand how this feels, plus all those fast levels at the end x_x I feel like that was a big reason I couldn’t focus on grammar as much as I wanted (or at least that’s the excuse I keep giving myself…). Hang in there!

5 Likes

One hell of a ride for sure. I remember where we started this little group and we were like 4 lol.
A bunch a people joined since then; though we lost a bit of activity with the cancellation of the Olympics…such is life, I guess ¯_(ツ)_/¯
I’ll always remember these early days and how hype we all were; even then I’m surprised at how many people ended up reaching level 60, (A whooping 25 right now, damn).

I’m proud of y’all!

10 Likes

Still on level 32 and will be here a while. My vacation/house-apartment-hunt is over, and now I have about 2 weeks of making and fixing with admin stuff and then I move. Which leaves better time for WK, I have just below 400 reviews since I haven’t even gotten to reviews (I’ve never used vacation mode :woman_shrugging:).

Once I’ve cleared that in a few days. Not sure how many, but I’ll aim for at least 50 reviews a day, but max 100 (probably). Although most reviews will probably be enlightened and burned, with some guru 2 and master.

In fact, I just hit 3000 burns. :3

9 Likes

! @_shiori & @supersnoopy Congrats on making it to level 60! y’all did it! :partying_face: :cake: :cake: :durtle_noice:

Congrats to @tigrennatenn , you’re almost there!

Way to go @thelastswitch , @missdagger and @plantron on your level ups!

11 Likes

That would be a level up from over a month ago, haha. But, thanks. :blush:

10 Likes

It’s sure crazy to think about how much has changed since then. I’m so proud of everyone too! :heartpulse:

Thank you @cephaus! And congrats @MissDagger on 3000 burns, that’s an accomplishment for sure!

今日も一緒に頑張りましょう!

10 Likes

Whelp, I meant to get back to doing reviews during my two weeks of packing and fixing stuff before moving Thursday this coming week (current week if your weeks start on Sundays).

But today I finally temporarily installed reorder script, because I had over 500 reviews and I knew a big bunch of them were burn reviews, so I wanted to get them out of the way. So did about 150 reviews, and hopefully I’ll take a little time tomorrow to do about 50 reviews. Obviously, I probably won’t be doing any reviews Thursday or Friday (both will be moving days, with an 8 hour drive between the places, it is nicer to do it over two days). But maybe the Monday after that. :slight_smile: I might even get back to doing lessons then!

7 Likes

Guess who’s back to doing WK after a few months of absence :eyes: I’m way late on the September deadline but who cares! I still come back here to see this community, even though things have slowed down significantly due to probably a lot of reasons really. What got me interested in coming back to study Japanese is my greater interest in 3D and 2D animation now and especially indie anime, which (un)surprisingly there are plenty of Japanese resources. Therefore, I have more than an incentive to come back :blush:
Hope everyone is doing well and congrats to those who leveled up while I was gone! (especially since my leaderboard got reset)

9 Likes