Olympians (medalists announced - congrats everyone!)

That’s a good script and approach :star_struck:
I will keep an eye on the leaderboard in hope to offer you a well-deserved congratulating gif :see_no_evil: I should start searching for a proper one at once!

think about those juicy 0/0 that await us somewhere in the future! In this boat, we will sail toward them. No storm can stop us. Slowly but surely!!!
also good luck on the midterms:hugs:

6 Likes

久しぶり lol. really fell off the bandwagon with this but i’m gonna do my best (633 reviews, oof)

6 Likes

You can do it!
頑張って! (がんばって!)

6 Likes

ありがとう! 頑張ます~

4 Likes

Anniversary

This badge is granted when you’ve been a member for a year with at least one post in that year. Thank you for sticking around and contributing to our community. We couldn’t do it without you.

It’s my Wanikani first anniversary today!

I also plan to finish (if possible) on my birthday witch is the 9th of November and get double cake!

13 Likes

If you want to do furigana easily, check out @Sinyaven’s script!

2 Likes

Woah neat! You did 51 levels in a year?! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Almost 52 :sunglasses:

And I have moved from continents, changes jobs, have a kid…

(My wife is not very happy)

8 Likes

This can be a problem with using the reorder script instead of the filter script. (Unfortunately, people on the forums seem to talk about lesson filter, lesson reorder… and even review reorder interchangeably at times. I think the latter two are accomplished with the same script, but I’d argue that each of the three performs a different function with different results that work well for different people - though of course they can be used in combination. I think @Pep95 was actually referring to the last in their recommendations - prioritizing radical/kanji reviews, generally when time for reviewing is limited.)

Unfortunately, I think that Flaming Durtles (which I’ve tried out on your suggestion - thanks! :slight_smile:) has reorder (of both lessons AND reviews) BUT NOT filter. This last allows you to create a mixed/hybrid order that I’ve found helps avoid the problem you’re describing above. I break up the level’s kanji (and vocab) over multiple days (so some kanji and some vocab each day, generally), which means that I guru them in a staggered way. This then staggers the rest of the vocab lessons across the second half of the level.

It seems like this is also the approach that @MissDagger takes, and of course there are variations based on time and ability. But I’m sure either of us would be happy to elaborate on the above if it sounds at all useful :slight_smile: And perhaps I can suggest the lesson filter to the Flaming Durtles creator if it seems useful!

4 Likes

I have actually been using reorder all this time for just reviews while I could have just used review reorder this whole time. Didn’t even know it existed. Welp. Definitely recommend that one then

3 Likes

First burn! Finally!

And a belated congrats to everyone who’s been leveling up recently – @OceanMirage, @carlostdev are the ones I have. I think I need to add more people to my leaderboard :-p

10 Likes

Tsurukame allows you to reorder lessons (settings > lessons > prioritize current level). It’s an iOS only app, but it sounds like that’s your operating system.

4 Likes

Its so pretty :heart_eyes:

reminds me of one of my favorite tumblr artists:

thanks! I have my last one tomorrow and then I plan to “treat” myself to a whole bunch of overdue vocab lessons

woah so you leveled up every week? I aspire to have that kind of consistency/dedication

congrats!!

and congrats @MissDagger on the level-up!

9 Likes

Congrats on getting your first burn!!!

com-add-text%20(1)

com-add-text

6 Likes

As long as you help her out/give her a break from the kids in addtion to your own activities, she will be okay. My other half had decided to train for a marathon and is either at work or out running… Good way to escape the 2 year old and her tantrums, but that leaves me with her 24/7… sigh

Anyway, congratulations on your mammoth achievement. Double cake would be ace!

6 Likes

@MissDagger and @kitsunensei CONGRATULATIONS on the level up :tada:
and everyone else who leveled up recently!!!

gif fest, as promised
wue4QtxncWuE8
tumblr_mdii5aiOgt1rnuqpzo1_400
giphy%20(1) giphy

5 Likes

Leveled up. Advancing much slower than I was before, but I’m still going!

7 Likes

@tigrennatenn for first burn!! :fire:

And thanks to @kitsunensei and @kinwein! :smiley:

Lastly congratz on level up goes (to a long list): @VictorLino, @StarLi, @kitsunensei, @KLRVM and anyone I’ve missed! (So many!)

(I’m on a big of Sailor Moon kick since I have the manga now, although today I go traveling so no opportunity to start reading it.)

10 Likes

Congrats to @MissDagger, @kitsunensei and @StarLi for levelling up!!

6 Likes

@MissDagger @Pep95 Thank y’all. :open_mouth:

5 Likes