Olympians (medalists announced - congrats everyone!)

I’ve been doing max speed… so guess I’ll reach level 20 before any burns then.
Oh well :smiley:

3 Likes

The intervals between stages are:

Apprentice 1 → Apprentice 2 = 4 hours
Apprentice 2 → Apprentice 3 = 8 hours
Apprentice 3 → Apprentice 4 = 23 hours
Apprentice 4 → Guru 1 = 47 hours
Guru 1 → Guru 2 = 1 week - 1 hour
Guru 2 → Master = 2 weeks - 1 hour
Master → Enlightened = 30 days - 1 hour
Enlightened → Burn = 120 days - 1 hour

So in total it will be 174 days and 6 hours if you get your reviews correct every time and do them whenever they become available.

So at full speed, you would only get burns at level(174.25 days until burn) / ((6+5/6) days per level) = 25.5

But, level 1 and 2 have a total duration of 1 level, so basically it’s at level 26.5. So half way at level 26.

So basically if you’re not getting any burns by then there might be a problem somewhere.

7 Likes

You know, cute has never really resonated with me. Not personally, not interacting with other people. Not with things. It holds my interest for about two seconds.

2 Likes

Thanks! Excited to keeping along.

3 Likes

Thanks! Everytime I think I’ll finally start to catch up to @redglare, we level up at the same time.

6 Likes

Seems great! Will take a look, thank you for sharing

Also, use the celebration plugin for maximum fun/motivation!

I’m doing 7-day levels and, according to my heat map, I should get my first burn review precisely at those levels. Very precise calculations O:

B-but Keeeeei

But I get it, I think(?)

7 Likes

I don’t think that sentence is quite finished :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

How dare you criticize my

11 Likes

Thanks! 43 screwed me up though! I didn’t expect it to be a fast one so now I’m swamped in lessons (and have an exam next week! :tired_face:). Hoping to hold onto a steady pace until the 50s!

6 Likes

Ooh! Hohoho! (* >ω<)

頑張ってくださいね ✧ (`・ω・´) b

6 Likes

I quickly got overwhelmed with lessons once the fast levels started. Even took a break around level 51.
I changed my approach by forcing my levels to still be 7 days long. I did this by first doing all previous level vocab and new radicals as the “first half” of my level, and then after 3.5 days, doing all the kanji of that level as the “second half”. (The kanji may be a smaller amount of items but require about the same amount of effort for me.) By doing this I kept the same workload even during the fast levels, and that allowed to keep a consistent schedule without regaining that burnout feeling.

10 Likes

You’re welcome. I hope you love it!! Great listening practice.

Sounds awesome… But I use my phone for WK… so… No user scripts for me. :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

:sob: I love my confetti and if it comes on the last review item I often wait for it to finish showing before ending the review session.

On happier notes, congratz to @SuperSnoopy on level up!

5 Likes

maybe I’m wrong and cute is actually super cute. I mean, am am fond of Maru the cat, who I only know about because of WK.

3 Likes

If you do it through mobile Firefox, then you actually can use scripts! Unlike the other mobile browsers, it supports Tampermonkey. (I figured this out for a time I’d be away from my computer when I leveled - since I always learn the radicals right after a level-up, I needed the filter script! But the others worked, too. :slight_smile:)

4 Likes

For me some scripts didn’t work, but at least these do.

That top one is special, my WKOF was glitching out so I got a little script from @Sinyaven to stop it from fucking up. But I don’t expect you to need it.

3 Likes

Also congrats to @nicoffee for getting to death!!!

tumblr_b162627ae0a7d19a49e09f7b327ca2d8_cf77bc49_500

And congrats to @SuperSnoopy for getting to level 23!

9 Likes

Thanks!, recently it becomes harder :sob::sob:

6 Likes

Congrats @SuperSnoopy on the level up! :partying_face:
tumblr_pxl24f8EAn1qg5nyao1_400

8 Likes

Fun fact: I wasn’t expecting to level up this day, so I blurted out a “oh fuck I leveled up” right next to my 5 year old brother. Fun times.

9 Likes