It was the radical 七 (seven)!

18 Likes

Congratulations. Keep burning🔥

1 Like

hqgif
Keep the burns coming Liamgjay-さん!
:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Congratulations! I know the feeling, I got my first burns two weeks ago or so.

2 Likes

Oh cool, that’s one of the ones I failed during burn reviews because the font randomizer script made it look like the spoon radical.

2 Likes

That’s six months in, right? Congrats, and may many more burns be in your future. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sweet! I am expecting my first in two days I think. Entering a terrifying new era.

4 Likes

I was about to answer spoon but I took the chance

goodluck! I’m sure it’ll go well.

Nice Job! Does it feel more like accomplishment or nostalgia since you know that won’t be in your reviews anymore? lol

I feel like I’m drastically behind as I’ll be approaching a year and am only on Level 10. Had my first burns during like level 5 because I spent so much time just focusing on Reviews and let the new Lessons intimidate me. I’ve since learned it much easier to just do the Lessons to get them started but I still have trouble doing more than like 10 at a time. I want to feel like I have a good grasp before moving on, but now I’m on like the 5+ year track to hit level 60 and it’s a bit depressing when I see all these lv60 posts after just a couple years at most.

1 Like

For me it feels like both nostalgic and kind of accomplishing. Its cool to know that the radicals are gone from my deck, and I managed to see that through, but now they’re gone unless I restart lol. In regards to behind drastically behind, it is all about finding your own pace with things. Recently I’ve had to slow down because of school work, as well as not doing the lessons because I don’t want to overpower myself with reviews. I’m sure if we keep at it someday we will be able to make those level 60 posts too. So keep at it!

1 Like

Yeah I asked because I didn’t feel anything but excitement and accomplishment at first, but as I started burning some of the more complex ones I was like “oh no I’ll never see it again!” lol. I’m up to 425 Burned now. I trust in the method but there were a few or so that burned and I was like “what? No way, I need that one still.”

Appreciate the words of encouragement. Let’s make sure we see it through! Even if it DOES take 5 years, I plan to pass the JLPT N1 and level 60 here seems like the best way for the kanji knowledge.

1 Like

I’ve now burned 42, guess it’s time to pack it in

1 Like

I just burned 二日。That was nerve wracking, I was just thinking "no its absolutely not ニか. What is ist? Well, the analogy to 二人 helped.

2 Likes

I’m really looking forward to getting most of the 日 and つ counting vocab wrong.

2 Likes

fire_tortosie

やった!

最初。。。女

2 Likes

I got my first burns in the same review session that I gurued 燃 (burn) which was poetic.

3 Likes

Not a surprise: my first failed burn was 八つ

A surprise: another early failed burn was the 女 vocab :dizzy_face: I could not for the life of me remember おんな. Guess I should read actual things, this word must be very common.

2 Likes

I am so bad at remembering the days/counter readings 八日 and 四日 mess me up so much.

Congrats!

And how did you already get burns if you joined in August of this year? I thought if you were literally perfect on every review, burns didn’t become available until four months at least :face_with_monocle: