Notification name for reactions messed up

I just checked my notifications and a number of the notifications where people have reacted to my posts have this text instead of an actual message. I’m not sure if anyone else also has this:

3 Likes

I had this when reactions were introduced. It helped to fully reload the webpage (Ctrl+F5)

1 Like

Are reactions still working for you guys? They haven’t been working for me since yesterday. Maybe they disabled them?

2 Likes
  • Yes, they are working for me
  • No, I think they were disabled

0 voters

2 Likes

They have been disabled. If you still see them, refreshing/reloading the page have worked to remove them.

2 Likes

I think we are all hoping those notifications are just a hold over from removing reactions. Try reloading/refreshing if even new heart notification since yesterday still show like that. All my new notifications seem to be normal but all the old ones during the time when reactions were enabled are broken.

(Sorry for the double reply. Not as adept on mobile to quote and stuff.)

3 Likes

They still appear to be unremovable. I can still see Reactions in old notifications.

Brokenness is fixed by refreshing when Reactions are enabled, but not when disabled.

3 Likes

Well I suspect that any notification from the time when reactions were enabled will stay broken. The worry is about new notifications rather than the old ones.

2 Likes

My guess it is won’t be fixed. Hard reload (and normal refresh) won’t fix it either. Clearing everything in “DevTools >> Storage” also doesn’t help.

The only way is to make it invisible – get pushed down too far in the Notification queue. Yet, if you know the place, it is still visible.

As a matter of fact, I am not sure whether OP means recent notifications, just at the time of change. If it is so, it is probably unfixable (or won’t fix).

3 Likes

Yep just the recent notifications. I hadn’t noticed they had disabled the reactions so that explains it. It’s not an issue or anything, I was just wondering

2 Likes

It’s just a holdover - likes since the removal and before reintroducing reactions are normal :wink:

1 Like

:scream:

Nooooooo…

2 Likes

btw, it also means that you got lots of other-than-like Reactions :smirk: recently.

2 Likes

Hey Everyone! It seems like y’all already know about this, but we did indeed revert back to the old system of likes last Monday! Just making sure that like notifications after the change are showing as normal, correct? :+1:

-Nick at WK

5 Likes

The old notifications still show as [en.notifications.reactions] (probably to be expected) but all new notifications are normal, thanks!

3 Likes

Wonderful! Thank you for the info! :sunglasses:

-Nick at WK

3 Likes

Mine show as [ja.notifications.reaction] :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Changing display language would change it do [en.notifications.reaction]. Changing back to JA would be [ja. ] again.

There are some other things that keep residuals even if language has changed, though. Maybe I can list later.

1 Like