Just got a bunch of notifications for 5 year old posts

I don’t know if I did something weird but I just got a bunch of notifications from around September/October 2018, has this happened to anyone else?

Now that I’ve checked them they’ve all mysteriously disappeared and everything is back to normal.

Not an issue or anything just checking if I’m the only one.

10 Likes

Something similar happened to me a few days ago (but since I haven’t been here for five years, they were all from much more recent times).

And I think that someone else made similar comments somewhere along the line in recent days.

So it’s not just you…

4 Likes

many noticed an avalanche of notifs in the POLL thread as well. i got a bunch of old ones as well.

3 Likes

I got it too, and was totally flummoxed for a while.

2 Likes

Same here, I assumed it was discourse just messing something up on their end.

2 Likes

The solution is to click on “Dismiss” and the avalanche stops.

But yeah, Discourse has likely done something to their platform again… :roll_eyes:

(I had the same issue days ago)

4 Likes

I think it is auto-sorting notifications to the top of the list. So if you had very old notifications you never clicked on or dismissed they all got sorted up to the top. I’ve noticed if I click on my notifications out of order after this happened they re-sort next time I open the list so there are no mixed read and unread. That did not happen before now for me

4 Likes

Hey Wantitled! Same thing happened to me too, but it’s since stopped! Let us know if it keeps happening. You can ping us on this thread.

-Nick at WK

6 Likes