No WK Joy with iPhone Safari

I was hoping one of you lovely people could help me out (and I apologize if this is answered elsewhere).  I had been using kiko’s awesome iPhone app to check reviews, but the client-side system broke it.  While it’s off-line, I was hoping to get by doing reviews using the WK site, but I can’t seem to log in using Safari.  I enter my log-in information, it seems to process, but then I’m back staring at the log-in screen.  Has anybody else tried this and gotten it to work?  Is it confirmed that I need to use a different browser on my phone?  Thanks!

I can’t really help you with your problem but I can confirm that WK is running on Safari without a problem on my iPhone. You don’t have login problems on other internet sites?

Thank you for confirming that it does indeed work.  At least I’m not wasting my time with this.

The only time I’ve ever had any problems logging in with my phone was due to a special character in my password.  I wonder if that’s hanging things up in this case… 

Update:  Nope.  That’s not it.

download the wanikani app much more user friendly

Have you changed your cookies settings recently or tried clearing your cookies & data? That’s the only thing I can think of that might be the issue.

Speaking of the app, has anyone else been having issues with it lately?
It’s stopped loading correctly for me (read: it doesn’t load review sessions at all)

Raihou said... Speaking of the app, has anyone else been having issues with it lately?
It's stopped loading correctly for me (read: it doesn't load review sessions at all)
 When the client-side reviews went live, the review functionality of the app broke. I hear people say that you can use Safari to do reviews until kiko can send out an update, though.

I just tested it, and I can log in fine.

Calion said...
Raihou said... Speaking of the app, has anyone else been having issues with it lately?
It's stopped loading correctly for me (read: it doesn't load review sessions at all)
 When the client-side reviews went live, the review functionality of the app broke. I hear people say that you can use Safari to do reviews until kiko can send out an update, though.
 Ah, I see - I wasn't sure if it was just me having the problem. Thanks for letting me know though :)
At least i can try using Safari in the meantime. (though on the plus-side, the new site update actually runs a lot faster on my computer, so it  helps quite a bit)
Calion said... Have you changed your cookies settings recently or tried clearing your cookies & data? That's the only thing I can think of that might be the issue.
 Thanks for the suggestion!  I had tried this, but when I figured I'd give it another go.  When I did I took a closer look and it turns out that my phone was set to not accept cookies at all.  Doy. Problem solved.  Thanks to everyone who chimed in.
kiko said... A quick update on the app...

Planning to submit a new version to Apple by this weekend with the reviews browser once again functional. Unfortunately I am super busy right now so my plan is to just graft these fixes I've been testing onto the previous release version, leaving everything else pretty much identical. I want to do some bigger changes and bug fixes, but that release will require iOS 6 or higher and will probably come alongside the version I'll build with iOS 7 support.

For now I'd recommend bookmarking wanikani.com/review to your home screen for easy access, and use the app for notifications and stats as Zach suggested.
 from /t/WaniKani-for-iOS/1862/1