No Longer Here No Title

This is no longer here.

2 Likes

Write by hand? Or type on the computer?

Most radicals are quite difficult to type with an IME, and some of them don’t even exist as any sort of radical (they’re displayed with images in WaniKani). It’s not really worth the effort of learning to type them. If you must display a radical on its own, it’s usually easier to copy and paste it from somewhere.

If you mean by hand, this can get you started:

2 Likes

I mean, a lot of the radicals you’ll find on WaniKani are ones that the makers just created. They don’t really exist.

For wanting to see the stroke order of a kanji when I learn it, I have this script:

2 Likes

I have to revive this thread. Can anyone comment on this?

Hi JapanStar49,

I use these resources to learn how to write kanji/radicals:

1- Kanji Stroke Order: How to Guess it Every Time
Already posted, but this is a very good primer on kanji stroke order, which will teach some of the logic behind it and even let you guess the order of some kanji.

2- Jisho.org
Online dictionary with stroke order animations and diagrams. A very good and free reference.

3- Videos

In fully japanese, but just watch some of his videos and practice a little on random kanji and it will help you get a feel for it. He also has videos on writing with fudepen, ballpen and brush techniques.

4- Charts

Also in japanese. There are charts for kanji with stroke order, you can print and use them to practice.

For creating a SRS system to do that, I’ll refer you to this topic by Ncastaneda, which is the closest thing that I’ve came upon:

I hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.