No lessons or reviews all day?

I did my reviews first thing waking up today and I noticed that for at least the next 24 hours, I don’t have any reviews and I don’t have any lessons lined up. I was wondering if this was normal?

1 Like

As SRS intervals grow, it’s common not to have reviews if you’re not doing new lessons. You’re still in the early levels, so there isn’t enough in the hopper yet to keep you drowning in enjoying your reviews as much.

So more lessons will pop when you Guru your radicals / kanji. That, or you hit the end of level three, which is the end of the free levels that WK offers for people to try the product. ^^

Unless you did already buy a subscription and the forum hasn’t updated the colour of your level bubble yet. If that’s the case; they will come with patience. :+1:

Edit: Oh yeah, and the SRS intervals are shortened for level 1 and 2. Since you have so few items in rotation at that point, people find the wait too long. At level 3, the intervals are like they are for the rest of WK. In case that also caught your attention.

10 Likes

Level 3 was the same for me. Enjoy this time as it really starts to pick up! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Rember, everything comes back until it’s burned. So until you start burning items, it’s only gonna get more work!

1 Like

To elaborate a bit, the first SRS intervals go:

• 4 hours
  • 8 hours
  • 24 (maybe 23?) hours
  • 48 (maybe 47) hours

The 4 hour timer starts right after the lesson and once you review at the end of the 48 hour wait it gets guru’d, which is required to get more lessons. You probably are in that 48 hour block, so this is your ‘rest’ day. Like others have said, it will eventually get to a point where you’re getting enough reviews from previous levels that you’ll have a relatively constant stream of work.

1 Like

At level 13, I consider 3-5 hours off to be a wonderful break, and anything more to be a precious rarity.

Though this might be the fault of me doing bunches of 15-item lessons at random times, scattering them across the day.

4 Likes

This is perfectly normal. Yesterday I only had one item to review because of the SRS intervals. Appreciate the downtime as a chance to do other studies outside of WK.

1 Like

Every night after the last reviews, I give a contented sigh when I see that great message of “7 hours until next review.”

Today, after my morning review pile, I saw that I had three hours until the next reviews.

com

6 Likes

I’m getting into that grind right now, and because i go through everything so quickly (and want to make mistakes when i dont know a reading 100%), most things come back to get through the apprentice round.

That doesn’t matter to me though, unless its for the radicals/kanji of the current level, I’ll not mind learning till i know it.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for your replies!

2 Likes

I saw this topic title and my immediate thought was “wow I wish that was me”.

It’ll speed up soon enough OP, good luck!

3 Likes
Review SRS Level Total Wait Next Level
Lesson Apprentice 1 - 4h
1 Apprentice 2 4h 8h
2 Apprentice 3 12h ~1d
3 Apprentice 4 1d 11h ~2d
4 Guru 1 3d 10h ~1w
5 Guru 2 1w 3d 9h ~2w
6 Master 3w 3d 8h ~1M
7 Enlightened 7w 5d 7h ~4M
8 Burned 24w 6d 6h -
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.