How is it determined when reviews are scheduled?

Hello, I am currently at level three and need to finish the radical so that I can do the kanji. I reviewed them last time around 2 AM (1.5 hours ago). Now they are apprentice4 and next would upgrade to guru. The last levels I remember taking around 1.5 days per sublevel (“radicals” and then kanji). Now I have to wait for 2 days without good reason all the sudden and this confuses me. Can someone explain to me why this is?
(I am that fast because I just got into wanikani, but already know around 300 kanji - most levels only have a few new kanjis in them)

See Leebo’s reply from a different thread:

There might be a bug in the script or the system, though. Maybe someone with more knowledge can answer this.

1 Like

I think the first level or so is a bit faster, but 4h->8h->23h->47h is normal

The post you linked suggests that 2 days are normal. However, i am then confused how I managed to finish level 2 in 3 days

From my understanding, levels 1-3 are the fastest levels on WK. The real SRS starts to kick in at 4. Again, I could be wrong cause I’m only on level 6. However, I finished level 2 in 4 days so it isn’t too far off from yours especially since I didn’t do my reviews right on schedule.

Only levels 1 and 2 are faster. 3 is a normal level. That’s why the OP is having this problem.

Normal schedule (starting from lvl 3, except some higher levels like 26 and 50s):

4h => 8h => 23h => 47h (total: 3d 10h) = 1 cycle.

Normal levels have 2 cycles (2nd one is made of kanji that the radicals unlocked).

2 cycles = 2x 3d10h = 6d20h = max speed.

3 Likes

Thanks for clarifying!

There you go, OP! Welcome to the real SRS.

1 Like

oh no >:(

Guess it will take even longer than I thought haha. Anyway, should not affect any estimates as I used wkstats for that and I am sure it will consider such things.

1 Like

Wow i finally get what’s meant with OP

Original Prankster, of course. :wink:

8 Likes

This holds for all levels but 1 and 2

Fastest progress possible
Review SRS Level Total Wait Next Level
Lesson Apprentice 1 - 4h
1 Apprentice 2 4h 8h
2 Apprentice 3 12h ~1d
3 Apprentice 4 1d 11h ~2d
4 Guru 1 3d 10h ~1w
5 Guru 2 1w 3d 9h ~2w
6 Master 3w 3d 8h ~1M
7 Enlightened 7w 5d 7h ~4M
8 Burned 24w 6d 6h -
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.