No enough time for reviews

Hey guys, I have a problem here and I need some advice, Recently I am very busy as I have a lot do in my school such as attending lectures and doing projects, so I am struggling with finishing all my reviews and sometimes I can’t do any reviews for two or three days that makes the number of reviews gets higher and higher which stresses me a lot. Does anyone have the same problem? what’s your advice? Is there any way to hold reviews from increasing till I have enough time to do them? Thanks

Try to do a few, even if it’s just 10, every day to stay on the horse. Do more when you can.

Vacation mode

6 Likes

Thank you for your advice. I have never heard of Vacation mode how does it work?

1 Like

Don’t do lessons unless you don’t have any reviews. I mean, the total number of reviews in the system would have to stay the same then, even if they pile up all on the same day. Just do them as you can.

The way to proactively control the review load is to ration lessons to only a few per day. The review load is proportional to the lesson rate (averaged over time).

6 Likes

You can find vacation mode in the settings. It freezes your reviews when it is activated. If you will get 1 more review in 10 minutes, then activate vacation mode for three years, then it will still be 10 minutes when you deactivate it. One issue is that you can’t do reviews when it’s activated.

2 Likes

It sounds like vacation mode might not be for you because you are still studying and you just want the pace to be slower. Maybe it has changed but I remember reading that vacation mode was meant for long periods of time and could not be turned on, then off, and on again willy nilly. (You had to wait at least a few weeks?)

Like ctmf said above, your reviews will max out as long as you stop doing new lessons. Don’t let the number intimidate you. You aren’t missing out. In fact, when you do get time to do them, you can take pride in remembering old reviews even longer than the SRS was expecting you to.

Question for anyone out there: If you wait really long to do a review (let’s say a Guru’d one for example, and you are NOT using vacation mode), and answer it say… a year later, does that mean it automatically jumps to burn? Or do you still have to go through each level up? You’d think if you remembered it a year later you could skip Master and Enlightened. I’ve never paid attention to this so I’m not sure.

2 Likes

One thing I learned from 夢を叶えるぞう is that in order to succeed at something you must first make time for it. If you have no time for it, you will not properly succeed. You must quit something, to make room for, and succeed at something. Also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waEC-8GFTP4&feature=youtu.be&t=29

4 Likes

I dont know how many apprentice items you have, but those are the fastest source of gaining reviews. If you try to keep them as low as possible, maybe less than 100(by not doing new lessons until you achieve this), then you will receive far fewer reviews.

2 Likes

It has changed: it used to be that you couldn’t reactivate it in under 24 hours from last deactivating it, but that now seems to have been removed.

@Sayed perhaps you could stop doing lessons for a while until you get your reviews under control (and I agree with Kumirei that you should make it a daily habit to do at least 1 or 2 small batches), and then when you restart doing lessons that you should do fewer daily than whatever amount you’ve been doing and things should smooth out and become more manageable into the future.

3 Likes

Question for anyone out there: If you wait really long to do a review (let’s say a Guru’d one for example, and you are NOT using vacation mode), and answer it say… a year later, does that mean it automatically jumps to burn? Or do you still have to go through each level up? You’d think if you remembered it a year later you could skip Master and Enlightened. I’ve never paid attention to this so I’m not sure.

Items do not skip SRS levels. Even if you go for a long time in between reviews, they will still progress up or down through the ranks the same as if you had done the review at its scheduled time.

2 Likes

You have way too many apprentice items, close to 300. Stop doing lessons until it is about 100 and keep it there.

4 Likes

Ah, thank you for clearing that up.
It still makes more sense to me to NOT use vacation mode. When you come back, all of those enlightened items will be ready for a burn. If you get them wrong, so what? You’d pretty much be right where you were if you had paused your progress in vacation mode.

I guess it depends on the length of that vacation! I wouldn’t use it for longer periods.

2 Likes