New unlocks in the last 30 days section

Nop, none. Tried searching on my lessons for those items using the reorder, but only found 警察 (got 48 lessons of vocab, just leveled up the other day). In the page of those items missing, it shows that I have already guru’d (unlocked) all the Kanji needed.

Unlocked in last 30 days (check first):

I took a look at the records involved, and it looks like you’re still working through some of the parts for the vocab for 警官 — the rest of those are higher than your current level, which means they shouldn’t be unlocked until you hit those levels.

If the detail pages for 警官 (WaniKani / Vocabulary / 警官) is showing all of the kanji as guru’d (looks like 告 is still at apprentice), could you let me know? It means the page is reflecting the data incorrectly, and I’ll need to hop in and fix that up. Thanks!

1 Like

In general, unlocks should be looking better.

We discovered a bug that wasn’t writing the ‘unlocked at’ timestamp all the time, so some items weren’t showing up in that list. The bug thankfully didn’t affect the availability of lessons. We fixed the bug and were able to fill in the missing information for the last couple months (when we changed the way we tracked unlocked dates).

If you see anything funky going on with recent unlocks, especially any time after yesterday at about noon, let us know so we can figure out if anything else is off.

Thanks for the patience, everyone, and keep up the good work on unlocking all those new kanji and vocab!

1 Like

Actually, I just noticed two new items randomly appeared in my new unlocks with date stamps from May 4th. I’m pretty sure it was there earlier today.

Not that big of a deal for me, but because it was brought up, I thought I might bring it to your attention.

I am not actually. The problem is with the level. With this whole situation about unlocking items, I immediately made the connection without even checking the items’ level. I’m sorry about that! :disappointed_relieved:

I think you meant 警告. If so, yep that’s correct! Again, my mistake :frowning:

I checked this again and everything is working correctly! I apologize. Thank you for checking it out nevertheless :slight_smile:

EDIT: Funny enough, it seems that I’m having problems now lol. My “New unlocks in the last 30 days” section is showing me items that I unlocked like 3 months ago.

I have items (such as 涼む) that I unlocked on October 1 and are listed as having been unlocked on August 22 (which is definitely more than 30 days ago). Still none of the kanji I unlocked on October 1 is on the list either.

My unlocks just went crazy:

Edit: I think many of these came up for review recently.

Thanks for the info. Looks like this needs a little more TLC.

Just to be clear this doesn’t affect the lesson and reviews flow; its a reporting/display bug. We’ll get to the bottom of it.

1 Like

This just happened to me, getting 業 to enlightened “unlocked” a slew of vocabulary just now, including 卒業 and 作業, at least one of which I’ve burned already!

No mods or scripts, just running Chrome on my Wacom Cintiq Companion Hybrid running Android 4.something. Totally weird. Couldn’t remember how to screenshot with this device. It looks quite similar to your screenshot, but displays them all as unlocking today (Oct 9). Every item you have with 業 is in my list.

<phew!> Another small bug found and squashed — or so we hope. We fixed up the unlocked dates for those affected records, so the unlock list on the dashboard should look normal again.

Everyone: let us know if you’re still seeing any funniness on the dashboard for that list. We’re trying to more accurately track the unlock dates for assignments. Hopefully we (I) got it right this time.

1 Like

So, the unlock dates are recent:

But these are items I’ve burned almost a year ago! Here’s an example:

I’m aware that this doesn’t affect my current items, but just letting you know that something is still awry.

That sounds like you’re experiencing the same thing I am.

@oldbonsai should I email you some screenshots to prove it?

Once more into the breach… the scope of records we looked at yesterday was too narrow. We adjusted the scope, and corrected the unlock date for those assignments. I’m hoping this is a “no, really, all good now” kind of message. :crossed_fingers:

@LucasDesu: I think you should correctly be seeing nothing unlocked on the dashboard. The detail pages for those items should show the older unlock dates, too.

@AnimeCanuck: Same for you. I check the data, and I’m not seeing anything that should be in that list.

1 Like

I was having the same issue as LucasDesu and AnimeCanuck. Now I don’t see any items that shouldn’t be in the recently unlocked, but am missing items that should be there. Specifically, I don’t see any of the kanji I unlocked in my new level, though I do see the new radicals.

Edit: The kanji show the wrong unlock date on their page. For example WaniKani / Kanji / 迷 shows August 3, 2016, despite me unlocking it in the past two weeks.

Edit again: Now WaniKani / Vocabulary / 担う showed up as unlocked today, even though it’s guru’d already. The rest of the unlocks are true positives.

Yes, that looks correct, considering my last level up was over a month ago, and I’ve only done 1 small set of lessons since then and have only been doing reviews since.

Looks good on my end - hopefully for others, too. *thumbs up*

EDIT: But then there’s what @swigder is saying directly above my post, so…

I just noticed one: WaniKani / Kanji / 俊

I unlocked this about four weeks ago, but both the dashboard “New Unlocks” list and the item’s info page say I unlocked it today, on Oct 10.

Edit: oops should probably tag @oldbonsai

I’m on it. The good news: I think these are edge cases. The bad news: they exist. We’ll get this right, everybody.

(turns to keyboard with shoulders slumped and starts the process again)

4 Likes

I suspect that the best solution is to just get rid of the “new unlocks” section. Nobody would miss it, unlike the “critical condition” and “recent burns”. Why spend time and energy fixing something that only 5% of users will click on?

Recent unlocks aren’t a critical part of the experience, for sure, but having accurate data around when users unlocked a subject is important. We’ve been working on tracking all kinds of events (when you unlock a subject (lessons), when you start a subject, when you pass a level, etc.), since we’re scheming on all kinds of UI improvements, including reporting. So, into the timestamp jungle I dive. :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you! It’s returned to its blank state. Everything is on the up and up on my side!